|Country, Prices, Locations,Miscellaneous|
Subject: Country, Prices, Locations,Miscellaneous
by malibufreak78 on 2009/6/24 5:59:25
I have been on this site before as well as numerous other internet based boards. I am currently on a Ford Maverick Message Board, Full Size Ford Bronco Message Board, A Suzuki Swift website, Geo Metro website, and a Message board/Forum on 1967-72 Ford Full Size Trucks site.
SO I am obviously a man of many different automotive interests here.
I have sold and shipped parts overseas to other countries and have purchased from overseas as well. I have some suggestions to try and make this site a little more "user- friendly" if you will. The suggestions I am going to make have been used on other sites as well with great success.
Not everyone in the world has a super fast internet connection and most can not afford the cost of a super fast computer. A lot of people still have dial-up internet and do not have the time nor patience to deal with opening a post for a part that is "For Sale" or "Free" just to find out that it is overseas in another country that they do not live in.
1. When someone becomes a member make it MANDATORY that they fill in, at a bare minimum, the Country in which they are located.
2. When a part is posted "For Sale" or "Wanted", "Free" it must say so in the heading of the posts Description.
3. When an item is up "For Sale", "Wanted", or "Free" it must have the country where it is located and must say so in the heading of the posts description.
4. Make it MANDATORY that a price be listed in the listing/post or it will be DELETED with no warning given.
5. If possible, have a different folder for stuff that is "For Sale", "Free", "Wanted" in each country that we have on the board. Or maybe at least for each Continent. That would be better.
Example: U.S.A would have one folder. In this folder it would have everything that was For Sale, Wanted or just plain Free. Then everyone would have a more convenient place to look for their parts in a Country close enough to them where it would not cost an arm and a leg for shipping costs.
All of these suggestions are being made to save a lot of us on here a considerable amount of time trying to purchase that special part just to find out that we will never be able to get it because it is in another country and we would never be able to afford the cost of shipping to get it.