Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

ground wire problem
Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Howdy,
just put my B310 bak together but wont start, wont get ANY electric power watso ever...Found a gorund wire i think!! Was not connected but i dont know if it goes to starter motor or just on steering arm bolt....
Anyone care to elaborate on this annoying problem?
wat other possibilities are there?

Dave

Posted on: 2004/9/20 1:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: ground wire problem
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
The B310 has one large ground wire. On mine, the negative battery cable has is bolted to the battery tray (at the middle of the cable), and to the oil pump area at the end.

The positive cable goes to the starter, but more importantly there is wire at the + connector of the battery that goes to the Fusible Link -- this is the main power wire.

Posted on: 2004/9/20 4:32

Re: ground wire problem
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Quote:
I have connected positive wire to starter motor but i have another B310 which has both ground and positive so tried that, still no good...My negative ground wire is bolted to my battery tray like yours but there is a random yellow plug thats lying next to my tray that has never been conected but im not sure if it should be?? Do you want me to send you a photo of my engine bay then you mite be able to formulate a solution for me??
Yes, post a picture in the photo album ... maybe someone other than myself may know the answer.

The main power connector is a 2x3-terminal rectangular white plug (looks yellowed from age) that comes out of the POS battery cable. I'm not sure about all the wires, but I think the red one goes to the Fusible Link and the red/white one goes to the alternator main wire.

To test the battery, you can jam a screwdriver between the Starter POS cable and the terminal at 90 degrees -- it should crank if the battery is any good (be careful, put in in neutral, block the wheels, hands out of the fan and all that ...). If it won't crank, see if you can turn the engine by hand, that the bearings are not too tight or seized.

Posted on: 2004/9/20 5:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]