Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Respray
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From SE Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Paint it yourself....with a roller if you like. Cost would be around $100 rather than $5000.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2331682&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Posted on: 2007/9/27 23:50

Home away from home
From Penrith, Sydney, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah big d is correct, there are ways around it as long as you don't want it show car finish.

My missus old man asked a Father and son team he knows who build their own show car toranas and such what they would charge to do my ute. They said as long as i don't mind waiting, as their cars are obviously given preference, they would do all the prep work, straighten out a few minor dings and ripples, and roll the gaurds as well as a full spray and bake for around the 2500 mark as long as i supply the paint. So all up under 3 grand without me lifting a finger.

I have now gotten the missus old man to ask them approx how long the wait would be and am waiting to hear back.

It's still more than i can afford to spend for quite some time, but when the time comes i don't mind waiting 3-6 months as i have seen the job they do on their own cars and it's top notch.

So yeah hunt around and be patient. Look for people like young apprentices or tradespeople or people that do their own cars and ask them what they can do for you. Even get a few mates around for a few weekends, put a couple of cases in the back fridge and get them to help you get stuck into the prep work yourself and save a packet.

Trav

Posted on: 2007/9/28 0:51

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
hey thanks for the advice guys. Yea mildman ur a comedian mate thanks for ur 2cents.
I dont want a show car finish. I understand that yea they dont no wats under there when there qouting. When i first bought the ute there were a fair bit of bog and bubbles in it i got them removed from a panel beater ( 2 years ago) and 2 little spots have just started cuming up now. Im still hunting around and getting qoutes.
So thanks 2 every1 for the tips and places.
Regards
Joshua

Posted on: 2007/9/28 8:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.