Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

HELP WITH CA18 OR SR20 CONVERSION INTO 1200 UTE
Home away from home
From Flinders View, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
GDAY, I AM AFTER SOME INPUT FROM ANYONE AND EVERYONE. I HAVE A BOG STOCK 1979 1200 UTE, 4 WHEEL DRUM, 4 SPEED MANUAL, 15INCH CSA ALLOYS. I WANT TO PUT IN EITHER A CA18DE OR A SR20DE (SORRY, NO TURBO, YET).

1. WILL THE SR20 FIT EASILY OR SHOULD I JUST GO CA18?

2. WILL THE SHIFTER LOCATION BEING, SO FAR BACK, AFFECT WHICH G/BOX I SHOULD PUT IN?

3. WILL I NEED TO MODIFY THE TRANNY TUNNEL?

4. WHAT PROP SHAFT SHOULD I USE

5. HAS ANYONY OUT THERE GOT ANY COMPLETE STANZA STRUTS THEY DONT WANT, UP HERE THEY ARE LIKE ROCKING HORSE ####.

6. I AM IN TOWNSVILLE, SUNNY QLD, AND AM WORRIED ABOUT KEEPIN IT LEGAL. HAS ANYONE DONE A SIMILAR CONVERSION IN QLD, IF SO WHAT DID YOU NEED FOR ROADWORTHY AND WHO CAN I SPEAK TO UP HERE. ANY IMPUT GOOD OR BAD WILL BE MOSTLY APPRECIATED. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Posted on: 2006/4/5 13:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: HELP WITH CA18 OR SR20 CONVERSION INTO 1200 UTE
Not too shy to talk
From sydney
Group:
Registered Users
a lot of the info is in the forums on this site, just search for it. The ca18det is the only legal one now in nsw with the new rta laws, not sure about queensland. the shifter will sit in the same spot as normal if you use the stumpy gearbox (240k) however work needs to be done to make this fit, all of which isnt very difficult. ive just talked with kev rowley, he is the man up your way for info on the conversion, his number should be in one of the threads only a couple of days ago. good luck, and remember, nothing is never "bolt on"

Posted on: 2006/4/5 13:57

Not too shy to talk
From Guatemala, Central America.
Group:
Registered Users
You can find a lot of info at the tech section too. Good luck

Posted on: 2006/4/6 0:49

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Y don't u want a turbo yet? There is plenty of info about engine conversions around. Many people choose to go for a CA18det coz its legal and turns ur datto into a weapon

Posted on: 2006/4/6 8:11

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Hi bundy351,
im also in townsville.. i have got myself a blue 1200 coupe (regoed and running) and also a 1200 wagon, ive seen a few new utes within the past couple of months, i saw a nice black one this morning on way to work with a bonnet scoop, is that urs? i also saw a nice looking silver one at the back of bilo car park one evening not too long ago and i asked the owner wat hes gunna do to it and he said sr20et.. i told him good luck. as far as i understand u can only legally do the ca18det or non turbo sr20, but then again i am not an engineer nor have i talked to one about it, if ur serious u should save up the cash to do it first and then go and talk to an engineer, add me to msn if u want no_fronts_or_punks@hotmail.com, i know a couple of other blokes who are keen on 1200's aswell

Posted on: 2006/4/6 8:53

Home away from home
From Flinders View, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
cheers for the help, i have started to look through the 1200 site and have come accross some info, bits of one thing and some info on other stuff, but it all helps. once i piece it all together i should come up with a solution. i drive the white ute with the roll bar and 2 holes in the bonnet, on my drive up from sydney one of the bonnet vents flew off. so keep your eyes open just south of childers and you might find it. Thanks for all your info

Posted on: 2006/4/6 11:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]