Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: which clutch???
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
i reckon you spend extra on the daiken clutch.....

that clutch is usally $260.00

plus it is strong so it wil last longer

Posted on: 2003/4/29 3:22

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I got an R169N Daikin vanette clutch a couple of weeks ago for a friend without any problem, so they shouldn't be discontinued. Don't know how it compares to a R137NHD in terms of clamping pressure. Dattoman might have access to the specs?

Posted on: 2003/4/29 3:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
dattoman, ive just been to my auto shop and he said he could do a PBR clutch kit for around $105 (the vanette HD one), probably less he reckons, but was too late to call them to get exact price

he does me really good prices, thats why its so cheap

i mentioned daiken to him and he said PBR don't make their clutches and usually use daiken ones anyway, so the kit most likely comes with the daiken

BTW - that price is exhange, i have to give the old clutch in (no big deal just thought id mention it)

morale of the story is, if it isnt too much trouble, i dont need you to get me one now, sorry bout any inconveniance

its just i know i will have a clutch by tommorow now, and i can drag my car at calder friday

Posted on: 2003/4/29 10:19
1200 Coupe Project A15ETT

From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
dattoman i need the clutch ASAp too casue i need it to be balanced with my engine....so if i could ring you ? or email? so we can work sumthing out?

i would really appreciate it

Posted on: 2003/4/29 10:49

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Mike, Dont waste your time with pbr or repco ones!!! The pbr ones glazed instantly in my past a15 quad mikuni 60 thou oversize within a couple of days. The Repco one lasted me a week on my mild a14 (the one I have now) and if its not a daiken or nissan original we are wasting our time. Steve Newing said to go for the beige organic material one like the nissan factory or daiken. Dattoman if you can get the beige organic type clutch (can you check?) Ill be interested for sure and can send you a money order straight away so you just cash it in at your post office with some id. PM me your details once you confirm this please Im sure I can convince mike to do the same.
sincerely, d.

Posted on: 2003/4/29 12:16

From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
i want mine in the car on friday so i can go to calder and drag,
my auto dude is ordering the clutch in the morning so i need to know where and when i can get it by tonight otherwise im gonna get the PBR cause i cant see how it could be that diffrent, sorry

Posted on: 2003/4/29 12:23
1200 Coupe Project A15ETT

From Perth
Group:
Registered Users
O.K heres the word on clutches.

R137 and R169 take the same cover plate and bearing but have different driven plates.
I guess this is why the 169 is abit more heavy duty than a 137 in standard form.
Daiken don't do a 169HD though.

Diaken are out of stock of the components to get the R137's together for 3 weeks. Sorry for the guys that wanted one NOW.

I didn't check with daiken as to whether they are beige linings. Cause I didn't know to ask.......Shoom might remember I sold him one of these about 12 mths ago for his car.

Posted on: 2003/4/29 13:05

Group:
Registered Users
Darn I gonna pull apart some engines at the wreckers just for the clutch. That beige clutch thats so supposed to handle almost as much abuse as madonna arrgghhhh.

Posted on: 2003/4/30 0:34

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
ha, I cannot resist ... here is a pic of the NISMO beige clutch disc:

Open in new window

click for part number

Posted on: 2003/4/30 6:35

Group:
Registered Users
Instead of goin to the wreckers I just remembered I had a couple of A in the back dogh
the pulsar a14 had a bigger clutch and it was in good nick but it was a dusty black PBR so jumped into the bin. The a15 from a sunny had also the pbr and glazed better than some of the ceramic things I saw in Kyoto. Im getting my orgasmo beige clutch on Fri cant wait R169HD for 112!!!!! bucks!!! from Summa auto parts (Nick) in Pacoe Vale, Vic. Still DD you teaser!

Posted on: 2003/4/30 11:03

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]