Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Dellorto tune up
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Got some old dellortos from a 2ltr alfa as a replacement for my webers which were stolen while transplanting manifolds.
Anyone know a good reference for them on the net? theyre going on a fairly stock a14 with electric dizzy, extractors and lightened flywheel.
Not going mikunis cause the guy who tuned some for me a while ago has gone overseas and no one else does motorbike carbs on a car dyno.
I know Im wasting my time considering Ill be swapping the engine to something twice as powerful thanks to Harry and others like gary hamilton, but ill be a few bue moons before that happens so I will do what I can to the a14 until then.

Posted on: 2003/5/23 3:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Dellorto tune up
Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Well if you've had Webers and Mikuni's the Dellorto's sure aren't much different, but are supposed to be easier to swap parts out for tuning. I haven't found any places in the US that sell tuning parts, but there's a big one in the UK, I can't remember what it's called though, just do a websearch on Dellorto tuning or jets or something. I just drilled out my idle jets because of lack of parts availability and a sickness of an overly lean mixture off idle (backfires through carbs and bucks around at part throttle). So I took the smallest drill I could find and brought it from a 57 to a 79...a bit much, but actually not too rich...I think a 70-75 would be better. The reason mine are so large is because I have a funky style Dellorto that doesn't have adjustable air bleeds for the idle jets....otherwise I'd be using about a 45 on the idle jet. Runs better though good luck w/your carbs

-Andy

Posted on: 2003/5/23 5:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.