Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 29 »

Re: PROJECT. Mradtee23's sunny truck.
Home away from home
From SYDNEY,NSW
Group:
Registered Users
can mods clean this #### up? somehow its turned into a sodablasting thread????

Posted on: 2008/8/3 9:06

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Armidale N.S.W
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah also a need to be lazy. This guy isn't shy of getting some grease on his elbows Really admire that.

Posted on: 2008/8/3 9:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Nyngan, nsw Australia
Group:
Registered Users
datsandy i have no problem in getting and having ago by all means go ahead, yeah like my self ive had my fair share in body restro's over the years ive been around along time 40 years infact
i just went the easy and cleaner way this time round,
this great in what hes doing keeps the datto familys going yes keep up the good work champ,
theres no harm in just helping out a datsun enthusiasts (mradtee23), showing there is other ways, no crime in that

Posted on: 2008/8/3 9:16

From South east Qld, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
hi bud, looks like your goin alright wish i had the patience to do what your doing. i like the jdm styled datos in those first few photo's, you gonna put the flares on?

Posted on: 2008/8/3 10:30

Home away from home
From SYDNEY,NSW
Group:
Registered Users
thankyou to those following the thread, for the advice and help so far

UPDATE = The good news is i have purchased wheels and the elusive bolt ons have been made (thanks 120fly!!!!!! awesome service), ive got some catching up to do on this thread, so here is some last pics of the stripping/ sanding and then off to "THE FACTORY" for metal restoration!!!!!!!!!!

Open in new window

i have purchased new doors, as these were beyond repair and were a waste of time stripping back! looks like i might be purchasing a few more panel as it it a mess under there... thank god they make em!

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

This took me on and off about 8 months, not fun but i feel i know every inch of this car now. it still has a long way to go as far a body work!

I also stripped the interior, dash, roof lining, carpet, seat, seat belts, visors etc etc etc and kicked out the engine so as we have a bare canvas.

Open in new window

Also the front windscreen had a crack which will need to be replaced and all glass removed as ive bought a whole new rubber kit, every rubber in the car down to the pedals will be new and shiny, not cracked and faded as it is now!

OFF TO " THE FACTORY"

Open in new window

me and a mate beau pushing it out of the garage for the first time in months..

Open in new window

Open in new window

That is Beau's brother Harley in the drivers seat who will be entrusted with the application of paint on this beast, this kid has some madd skillz, and his dad who is one of Australia's best car builders will have his hands on the bodywork.. I think its in good hands...

Open in new window

Beau and i lifting more than our combined body weight, lol

Open in new window

all loaded up and sent away on the maddest flatbed truck i have ever seen.. Beau's dad is a genius, its got a big block, tv's microwave, lounges and beds, reverse cameras and airbags!!! pimpin aint easy.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2008/8/4 9:36

Not too shy to talk
From OZ Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
It's always a hard job taking a car back to bear metal buy hand. I did my ute that way to. If I was to do it again I would send it off to be blasted.
But I think starting at bear metal is the best way to go. Just got my ute repaired and in under coat now just need a good day to paint. Good luck with your build will keep an eye on it. Its always nice to see car finished after all that hard work has been put in to it.

Posted on: 2008/8/4 10:01

Home away from home
From Adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
So what did you end up using, soda or sand blasting??

Looking good there! Will all be worth the hard work, and if the final product looks anything like the first pic you posted, I'll be well impressed. Love what the japanese do..

Posted on: 2008/8/4 11:25

Home away from home
From SYDNEY,NSW
Group:
Registered Users
after it left my hands it moved to a new location to fight the rust some more, as i mentioned earlier the doors were considered a write off as were the rear quarter panels so a whole NEW set of panels were bought and applied to the beast...

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

if one side is goin to perfect better do the same down the other side!!!!!

Open in new window

it is amazing and scary at the same to time to see your car in this state, i truly appreciate now what many of the members on this forum have gone through to build thier cars.
thanks for looking in.

Posted on: 2008/8/5 12:46

Home away from home
From Auckland N.Z
Group:
Registered Users
looking good man, I did not know you could get repro rear quarters for the ute... Do you mind me asking how much they were? Whats with the spot welding under the rear window? Despite the extensive rust repairs you've done your quite lucky by the looks of it, my ute had rust all the way along the bottom of the rear cabin panel where it meets the tray, its not replaceable and because of the ribs it was a nightmare to fix. Keep up the good work man!

Posted on: 2008/8/5 14:40

From The garage, NZ
Group:
Registered Users
HEY ITS QUINN!!! Long time dude!

On a more realated note... I know how you feel pulling out the bog and discovering the mess someone else has made. My wagon is at the panelbeaters now getting the rear quarter fixed, pity you cant buy them repro

Its coming along nicely, love how there are so many updates. gives some satisfaction

Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:00

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 29 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]