Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

ca18 1200 sedan
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
hey guys here is my 1200 sedan I've been working on for a while now and putting a ca18 into and thought I should put up a build thread, this defiantly wont be the fastest build as I am only a 3rd year mechanic and money is tight.
anyways here she is when I first got her

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

so I got her home and decided to build it standard and just drive it so I got to work cleaning and paint bit and pieces sourcing parts and what not.

Open in new window

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/a ... /IMG_0380_zps23054661.jpg

then I went down to Canberra to pick up an a12 and a 4 speed which was a fun adventure borrowing dads van and snapping a timing belt half an hour past goulburn and having to get mate to come pick us up and tow me home, but we still got the motor.

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

so I got to work tidying up the motor and cleaning then that's when I decided I didn't want an a12 anymore I wanted a ca so everything came out and I started to save and research ca18 swaps.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 13:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: ca18 1200 sedan
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Armidale N.S.W
Group:
Registered Users
Good to see another sedan pop up matey Look forward to more pics.Builds on a budget take longer but i reckon that allows for a better job. No big bank balance to rush the process. Well thats what i tell myself and i believe it most days.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 2:11

Home away from home
From bundy, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
sick as... love to see another sedan resurected lol.. engine looks clean enough to eat off. keep up the good work.

Posted on: 2013/4/13 8:27
89, swift gti (gone now)
90, swift gti

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
so whilst at Datsun day I got a set of maddat ca cross members for $250 s I got em home and cleaned and primed them.
Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Then I won a ca18det motor, gearbox, tail shaft, exhaust, radiator, loom pretty much everything to get me going off ebay for $720 so I drove up to gosford to pick it all up.

heres the motor when I got it.
Open in new window

and all the bits and pieces I got with it.
Open in new window

so being the person I am as soon as I got home I had a look at all the stuff ripped the a/c and power steer off bolt up the engine x member and in she went.

sorry for the crappy iphone photos ill have to start using mums camera lol

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2013/4/15 10:34

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Armidale N.S.W
Group:
Registered Users
Dont quote but pretty sure the gearbox X member isnt a maddat one as it is meant to have a cut out for exhaust so it can tuck up closer to the floor.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 11:07

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
now with the motor in I started playing and figuring things out I bought a new nismo gearbox mount and got it all bolted up. lucky its factory auto so I didn't have to cut too much out of the tunnel.

Open in new window

after that I decided not to run the standard rad and got an alloy one from just jap as all the ebay ones were to thick, then I bought intercooler 450x300x3 2.5" oulets. know the fun part begins to try and fit it all behind the grill. (also this build will be full sleeper so hiding as much as possible)

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

after sitting down staring at it for a while with dad we cam up with a idea to make it all fit and be strong. first we had to cut the right side of the rad support (where the cooler pipes will go) to match the left as whoever had it before did a half ass cut.

Open in new window

now with both sides looking nice and matching we had to add a piece to the left so they were the same as some cut to much out.

Open in new window

Open in new window

(excuse the #OOPS#box welding 20 year old mig and inexperienced welder, me , don't go well together but im getting there and dads buying a new welder soon)

now with that it we put this strengthening piece across the bottom and woah it did a lot (thanks dad =]), after that was tacked in we started on making our bracket to sit the intercooler on.

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

once the bracket was made we bent up some little outriggers to take the flex out of the bracket when going over bumps and what not. now with all of it tacked into position we left it alone until when get a new welder and started on the apron and grill.

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

once all that was done I started on some piping out of the steel cooler pipes that came with the motor.

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2013/4/15 11:31

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
yeh its maddat but old style 1 they used to be like that before they made the cut out 1. I am planning on doing it to it later

Posted on: 2013/4/15 11:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]