Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Asbestos in sound deadener?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
I removed all my floor insulation with a wire brush wheel about 10 years ago. I don't know if I wore a mask or not. I also once fell through a super 6 roof as a kid too. (Damn that hurt!)
So if there is asbestos in that floor stuff, odds are I'm screwed.........

Posted on: 2015/4/20 9:47

Re: Asbestos in sound deadener?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Im pretty sure all car tinkering guys are screwed then as are renovators as well as you cant avoid inhaling asbestos from old building practices or ever chip board dust which is the modern asbestos.

Asbestos is in the air from so many things and car brakes stopped using them but still is in the air from old pads and shoes used by all transport on our roads so its a matter of how much we inhale, the size of the fibers, where in our lungs it gets clogged and our immune systems.

Its a matter of many things that we can be screwed but our bodies constantly dislodge, remove the particulates that dont belong in our bodies. Inhaling particulates into our blood stream like asbestos is usually removed by our bodies unless its gets clogged in an lung capillary which is very rare unless you are exposed to it in high amounts daily for a long period.

RadioIsotopes (eg. from Olympic Dam that float all over the eastern states and across the Tasman sea as well) are worse as they usually end up in our marrow so Asbestos is just less of an issue considering low amounts float all over the place yet doesnt have the same terminal damage compared to raidoIsotopes.

If you can just use an hot air gun and scrape the stuff off easily wearing a simple mask if you are worried but also consider all that stuff called boogies and snot is helping your body in a big way from dying from cancer sooner.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 1:35

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]