Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Tasmania
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane Qld
Group:
Registered Users
How Many People In Tassie Hear My Goal is This Year to move Over with my Dog sell or Leave My Hyundai excel Behind Life Has Been Horrible Since I Sold My Sunny B310
And I have Seen more than a few Cheap Datsun's Over in tas in the last few Years

Posted on: 2018/1/24 22:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Tasmania
Home away from home
From Launceston, Tasmania
Group:
Registered Users
Come over and buy my pristine 120y coupe.

Posted on: 2018/1/25 8:13

From Brisbane Qld
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Bet you Want more than I can Afford LOL

Posted on: 2018/1/25 17:28

Home away from home
From Launceston, Tasmania
Group:
Registered Users
$12,500.

Posted on: 2018/1/25 21:46

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Dave you need a camping truck, it was the best time of my life living in it like a drifter with no bills except food and running expenses. The freedom of being a drifter in Australia is highly rewarding and if you dont like a place you keep going or go back to where you liked it or keep searching and you end up moving from one place to another for best times.
Houses are restricting and overrated when you can be free and always meet and experience new and the same Drifters on your journeys. I had a toyota dyna but would go a Kia Ceres (rebadged mazda) or Kia 2900 both diesel lastly an old Mercedes 5 cyl diesel wagon, if I did it again with an alloy luton peak body, solar panels across the top and use filtered chip oil when you come across it or if available from greasy take away food shops. At worst buy sunflower oil from supermarkets can be cheaper than from the pump and add something to thin it a tad for better viscosity, theres heaps online on how to.
You can chase the best seasons across Australia and avoid the worst eg. southern winters and northen summers.
You could also setup a good roof rack on most vehicles even cheap LPG falcon wagons with a pop up camper on the top or solid camper made from timber or lightweight materials.
some ideas
http://www.theshelterblog.com/sunray- ... -reclining-electric-bike/

http://cdn.homedit.com/wp-content/upl ... oof-Top-Camper-Tent-0.jpg

Posted on: 2018/1/26 11:34

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
D spoken like a true drifter.I miss the days in the bush camping. I been watching a lot of the container home movies [cos i wonder how the youngsters are going to afford houses] and mini homes [off the grid].I also found a few mini-van homes eg. the small nissan np200 or vw caddy van.The vid i watched is an english chap in Oz living off the grid and he said '' I spend my life working to pay the bills and i have no time for myself'' This is so true although the laws are a bit of a bugger

Posted on: 2018/1/26 17:53

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Now Im stuck in a house again and would leave it all to drift again, best life anyone can have. In fact we are planning it now again for the future but have a 9 month old and he needs a stable place for a few years near extended family. Already looking at the trucks and vans on yahoo auctions as they are much cheaper than Oz, also already built one camper truck sold it to my best buddy and he basically lives in it with his daughter and wife, they prefer to wake up in the outdoors and parks then having breakfast outside than just at home. Then they go off to work, school and back home to say lets drive and sleep over there tonight, yep lets go.

It was a toyota dyna just shorter than local family wagons so could park anywhere and walk around inside if you were under 190cm and although tall 100-110kmhr was normal.

Look at this setup and there are more, just try jauce which is in english rather than below in jp
43,000km
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h301349309
4wd with 128k km but long life 2.7 isuzu diesel for 12k aud buy it now
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h301349309

apart from road laws, the world is you oyster when drifting and if you have a hard time
finding a parking spot during new years eve when towns are strict you just find the nearest tennis court, football club or other sporting place and they are pretty good.

Posted on: 2018/1/27 1:17

From Brisbane Qld
Group:
Registered Users
Yep I just Bought a AU falcon wgn on gas Maybe that will do

Posted on: 2018/4/2 5:24

From 48 North
Group: