Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: can these cheap 36m carbs be used on a car engine?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
wow a drone motor, 2 strokes have insane tuning potential but cost too much time on the exhaust side to get it. What a wonderful array of engines that thing is capable of using!

Posted on: 2019/3/2 1:09

From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
D the class was originally Formula 440 and used a 440cc Kawasaki snowmobile engine. Then Kawi parts became hard to come by so they went to the AMW 500. Initially the AMW motor had crank balance issues which were later solved. The class then opened up to Rotax snowmobile engines; 493, 494 & 583 with a restrictor. Not everyone in the class was on board with tuning the CVT and two strokes so they then allowed 600cc bike engines. The Suzuki GSXR 600 seems to be the motor of choice.

Posted on: 2019/3/2 1:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
Registered Users
Tom Im buying these so I can get the throttle position on the correct side
as fuel bowl chambers are interchangeable and was just thinking that if
I dont plug the oil feed hole could I just run water to that side?
Keeps the engine chambers clean and depending on the hole I could size it
to make sure it gets fine mist but would prob need an electric pump but
what worries me is that most 2 stroke carbs dont have an accelerator pump
as the 2 stroke has enough pulses vs 4 stroke and negative crankcase pressure.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2019/3/5 1:25

Edited by D on 2019/3/5 6:19:08
Edited by D on 2019/3/5 6:20:16

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Is that Mikuni BN carburetor? manual is here: http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/sbn_manual.pdf

Posted on: 2019/3/5 20:56

Group:
Registered Users
Thats it DD, youve come through again with that manual
now looks like the fuel bowl (square section) might
house the fuel pump unit? so needs to face upwards?

Posted on: 2019/3/6 1:51

Edited by D on 2019/3/6 2:26:37

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
the manual says
Quote:
Super BN carbs were designed to, and work best, in a downdraft position. Many tuners choose to mount Super BNs in more of a side draft position. This will work OK as long as ...

i'm thinking fuel pump is incorporated into square section lid -- it uses the "engine pulse" to pump the fuel. Might be a 2-stroke thing

But is there an accelerator pump?

Posted on: 2019/3/6 10:38

Group:
Registered Users
I heard these dont have an accelerator pump like 4strokes
but some kind of fuel pump is mentioned in the description
so its confusing right there.

Posted on: 2019/3/6 13:07

From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
D read the manual carefully but the carb does indeed use engine pulses via the diaphragm in the carb as the fuel pump.

On my F500 race car you don't need to turn on the electric fuel pump until the level in the fuel cell gets low, the carbs will pump enough fuel through to keep up until sloshing sets in. The car is on slicks so the rapid 2G left, 2G right of autocross slaloms is more than the carbs were designed to handle. Additionally note that with an electric pump you still want a pressure regulator as high fuel pressure will have an adverse effect on there performance.

As for the accelerator pump I'd have to research it to see what the lack of one does for a 4 stroke. I think these carbs work similar to CV type so it might not be an issue but again I'd have to research it.

Posted on: 2019/3/6 16:22

Group:
Registered Users
I read to understand they have no accel pump and searched online to find

Quote:
There are only slight ( and i do mean slight) differences between a "premix" 2 stroke carb and that of a four stroke If the carb is from a auto lub or a forced lubrication bike then there is no difference in the carb bodies PREMIX 2 stroke carb have a slightly steeper RAMP to the venturi and a lower main jet height... WHY. Well you need to have a higher velocity of air through the venturi to lower the air pressure enough in the system to allow the viscous premix fluid to be drawn ( atomiser style) into the air flow. as the low pressure air is drawn over the jet the viscous fuel is "dribbled" into the centre of the air flow as the air flow is LAMINA it is escential that the fuel is delivered into the main air flow. As straight fuel has a lower viscosity than premix you do not need as high a venturi velocity to gain a low enough air pressure to vapourise the fuel; Also this is assisted by the EMULSION tube into the float chamber( that funny tube with holes in and the main jet at one end) also due to the lack of viscosity the jet height does need to be nearer the centre of the air flow and so you tend to get a higher main jet height Also calling it the main jet is WRONG it is technically an ANVIL, the main jet is actually in the bottom of the emulsion tube in the float chamber The emulsion tube actually allows the fuel to "BOIL" in it due to the low air pressure caused by the venturi effect. So to answer your question YES a two stroke carb will work on a Four stroke engine, Just rejet and change the emulsion tube for one from a 4 stroke carb PS by the way if you are suffering fueling problems of an engine everyone goes for the main jet... WRONG check the cleanliness of the holes in the emulsion tube, Clean holes mean the fuel boils easier in the tube Dirty tube and it SUCKS ( syphons) way too much fuel from the float bowl through the main jet

so I should use the emulsion tube on my carburetor instead of the one
in the 2 stroke carb but that seems impossible as they would be totally
different in size and secured differently.

Posted on: 2019/3/7 5:53

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Today I learned something new

I reckon he is talking about an emulsion tube from a similar carburetor, in this case a Mikuni 4-stroke tube that can replace the Mikuni 2-stroke tube

Also I doubt if he's talking constant velocity carburetor as the SU type doesn't have an emulsion tube -- or so I believe Hitachi Twin Carb Parts

Posted on: 2019/3/7 10:42

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.