Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Hitachi SU service kit questions
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From South Africa, Bloemfontein
Group:
Registered Users
Hi all
Been long while since I have posted here but I need advice from my fellow datsun experts please.
I want to buy some Hitach SU carburetor rebuild kits while I still can find them here in South Africa. I have picked up it is not being bought and held in stock at my local parts stores. I managed to get the supplier database (supplies parts for the parts stores) and found the following code.
HJL-38W
Through research I found out this is the Hitachi SU's that was used by the 510SSS and the 180SSS
The GX code is HJE-38W

Kindly can the experts on these carbs please advise if the two kits are interchangeable?

Posted on: 2021/5/12 6:46

Re: Hitachi SU service kit questions
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Hi Hendrik, Nissan sold multiple kits:
* Repair Kit
* Screw & Washer Set A
* Screw & Washer Set B
* Gasket Kit
some Keyster brand kits combined all into one

Only the GASKET SET is normally needed. However, if your carb leaks fuel into the fuel bowl (overflows) you will need new Valve assemblies. For A12GX, it uses the same valve assembly as the DCG306 downdraft carburetor. Or you could get the Repair Kit which contains Valve and Needle Jet. Make that two repair kits as each kit only contains the parts for one carburettor

What's mainly different between the Kits are the needles which differ between early GX, later GX and 510 1600/610 1800 and Fairlady 1600 kits

HJE38W was for the 1970-1972 GX carburetors. In 1973 they changed to the new style (with IMS idle system) in the Japan market. I don't know what what used in Europe or South Africa. The IMS system uses different gaskets and has flat-top chambers. Some flat-tops don't use IMS

For photos & listigs, see A12GX Carburetor Part Numbers

Posted on: 2021/5/19 10:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Hitachi SU service kit questions
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From South Africa, Bloemfontein
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you very much
With lots of effort I managed to find a service kit which consists of washers, gaskets and needle and seat set.
I will buy it to keep spare because it is the only one I found in South Africa so far.

Posted on: 2021/5/20 8:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]