Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

short shift
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
there is a mob "datrats" near me that will do a short shift conversion to my 5-speed sunny box for $85, what are peoples opion on short shift and is this a reasnoble price or should i go shopping around.

Posted on: 2002/7/25 3:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: short shift
Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
I use a shifter from a 280ZX in my tranny. They basically use the exact same shifter setup as the 1200/B210/Sunny, but are shorter. It's not as short as it probably could be, but it's a lot better than the stock one and they are plentiful in junkyards usually, I got my last one for free!

-Andy

Posted on: 2002/7/25 3:33

Group:
Registered Users
sounds good might check that out too, the mod im talking about though actually moves the pivot point of the lever so that it's movent is reduced without the use of a shorter stick.

i would think a shorter stick would make it a little difficult to reach to manuevere it in a 1200, but i guess that depends on the person and where they put there seat

Posted on: 2002/7/25 3:48

From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
You are definately on the money 1200rally. You want to achieve a shorter gear change by moving the fulcrum point on the gear lever.

In my opinion there is no advantage gained by shortening the length of the stick, as the end result is that the driver will have to reach further from the steering wheel to change gears. Shortening the stick could considered a quick fix.
Ideally you would want the the gear stick close to the steering wheel ( to reduce time taken to move your hand) in congunction with a short "throw" between gears (achieved but moving the fulcrum point of the gear stick.

Just my thoughts.

Posted on: 2002/7/25 5:10

From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
You are definately on the money 1200rally. You want to achieve a shorter gear change by moving the fulcrum point on the gear lever.

In my opinion there is no advantage gained by shortening the length of the stick, as the end result is that the driver will have to reach further from the steering wheel to change gears. Shortening the stick could considered a quick fix.
Ideally you would want the the gear stick close to the steering wheel ( to reduce time taken to move your hand) in congunction with a short "throw" between gears (achieved but moving the fulcrum point of the gear stick.

Just my thoughts.

Posted on: 2002/7/25 5:11

Group:
Registered Users
thanks benny benny

Posted on: 2002/7/25 7:00

You can view topic.