Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Honda S2000 engine?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
i've seen a 1200 ute in sydney with a 4agze motor in it competing at a supersprint a while ago,so it's been done before.as for dropping the supercharger & using a turbo,that's also been done,so it shouldn't be hard to duplicate.by the bye,doesn't the honda s2000 motor rotate in the reverse direction to 1200 engines.so,1 forward,6 reverses.anyone up for an attempt on the world reversing speed record.or just unweld all the mounts off the diff,spin the housing through 180 degrees to get the crown wheel on the other side of the pinion gear,then weld all the mounts back on,easy peasy.

Posted on: 2002/10/20 8:23
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Tassie, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone else seen that orange/gold (Tiga Mica?) ute that was in one of the mags lately? It was sweet and had this hard top tarp that had the datsun?/nissan? logo embossed in it. It looked so nice. Anyways that was running a supercharged A15. I think it was the 4AGZE blower. Cant remember what magazine it was in!

So many ideas for conversions floating around at the moment, I love it. That Honda motor would scream in a 1200. Oooh! Has anyone thought about an RB26DETT, I know its over kill, but #### it would honk!

Posted on: 2002/10/20 10:57

Home away from home
From Kyabram vic, aust,
Group:
Registered Users
I used to work in a honda dealer ship,and we had one of these S2000's, used to come in for a service from time to time, they are a weapon. they have a push button start aswell, which is pritty cool.They also have a factory twin system.
good stuff

Posted on: 2002/10/20 11:30

Home away from home
From LISBOA, PORTUGAL
Group:
Registered Users
Hello everyone

Paul

In the weekend I have been thinking about the tailshaft rotation direction. I am not upset with the engine rotation direction, I am more upset with the tailshaft rotation direction, since I was planing to use all the engine+gearbox setup.

Are you sure about the rotation direction of the S2000 tailshaft? If you are, I am going to put my two foots out of it.

Last Friday I send and E-mail to our DGV (entity who regulates the trafic) to know what are the rules of the game "engine swaping". I am still waiting to know it.

Two weeks ago there was a 200SX (wreckage) on the classifieds for US$1000. I called it, but the wreckage was on the engine. I think it was a CA18DET.

Now I am just doing some market research.

Thanks

Ricardo

Posted on: 2002/10/21 8:22

From Canberra, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mr_nismo4 wrote:
Has anyone else seen that orange/gold (Tiga Mica?) ute that was in one of the mags lately? It was sweet and had this hard top tarp that had the datsun?/nissan? logo embossed in it. It looked so nice. Anyways that was running a supercharged A15. I think it was the 4AGZE blower. Cant remember what magazine it was in!

Yeah that was the one that really got me fired up and really wanting to do the 4AGZE blower thingy on mine. That one was EFI though. I just want to go carby.

I'd liek to point out that I had the idea before I saw it in that mag...
I believe it was Hot4's but might have been fast fours...

When you get the RB26DETT going in your 1200 then give us a call and take us for a ride...

Posted on: 2002/10/21 9:10

Not too shy to talk
From Auckland, NZ
Group:
Registered Users
yea ive seen that mag over here in nz aswell...that gold ute...it was great seeing something like that done quite well but when i went 2 get the mag i couldnt find it...but i think really styley!

was it EFI? i wasnt sure on that tho...but maybe my memory is just fading :) any1 wouldnt have and fotos of that gold ute would they?

and on the honda engine...would be nice but how hard is it 2 convert FWD to RWD? and what was that deal on it rotating the opposide way? i may have missed something...

Posted on: 2002/10/21 9:55

Home away from home
From LISBOA, PORTUGAL
Group:
Registered Users
Tortis

"and on the honda engine...would be nice but how hard is it 2 convert FWD to RWD? and what was that deal on it rotating the opposide way? i may have missed something..."

The S2000 is RWD, The main problem is if the tailshaft axis spins on the correct direction (i.e. on the same direction of the Datsun B110-B310). If it is spining on the oposite way you will have 1 gear to go straight ahead and 6 in reverse.

Ricardo

Posted on: 2002/10/21 10:42

From Canberra, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah that ute was EFI. It started out as carby but he changed it over. He didn't go into any detail on the carby version though...
I lost the magazine that it was in. Damn annoying... I would scan some pics otherwise...

Posted on: 2002/10/21 11:57

From Perth
Group:
Registered Users
I have a pic of the engine bay of the red ute with A series and 4AGE supercharger.
Looks great....I want one too.
But it will have to wait till other projects are out of the way

Posted on: 2002/10/21 13:02

From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

go_the_datto wrote:
They also have a factory twin system.

Do wha!?!?
I'm sorry, factory twin sytem of what? Twin cam, twin turbo, twin continuum transfunctioners?
Anyway, what I really wanted to post was, I think the S2000 rotates in the conventional direction. I could be wrong, it has happened before, but I heard that they are even moving away from reverse rotation in their FWD stuff too.

Posted on: 2002/10/21 15:29

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]