Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

tempremental little datto
Home away from home
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
my little a14 has yet another problem, although its been running great it has one more little issue. after ive been driving it round for a bit and it gets warm ill turn it off and then if i try to start it back up 5 mins later and it is as if it is flooded, however it seems the longer i leave the car to cool down the easier it is to start. could it be that it is flooding and the longer i leave it the more fuel that evaporates and de-floods it. i have noticed it is running a little rich, it blows a fair few flames when im off the gas and a bit of black smoke every now and then when i give it a crack. any ideas anyone...????

Posted on: 2004/7/10 17:13

Re: tempremental little datto
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Flames? That's waaay too rich, maybe the timing is retarded as well (advance timing until it pings, then back timing off a bit).

The starting problem sounds like vapor lock. Does your fuel line run near the exhaust at any point? If so, move it or add a heat shield between the exhaust and line.

Posted on: 2004/7/10 19:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch. NZ
Group:
Registered Users
I have struck before, the idle air bleed blocks up, which means the idle fuel will no longer emulsify causing excessive rich idle mixture. The other indicator is the it will syphon the fuel bowl into the intake when the engine is not running. Check you float level before starting engine. If this is the case, try removing mixture screw an blow compressed air into circuit, refit screw all the way in and wind out 1.5 turns, mixture should be fairly close. if not then it may be carb o/haul territory.

Posted on: 2004/7/10 22:57

Home away from home
From wodonga, victoria
Group:
Registered Users
my sunny deos this but only in summer. all i do is when i start it i dont give it any gas ( i dont assit with the pedal ) and it will normally starts. but when it doesnt want to play the game and it finally turns over it cops an absolute caining for a few seconds. then its all good again, or at least until i stop again.

Posted on: 2004/7/11 2:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]