Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Help needed
Quite a regular
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
I am lookking for a simple way to gain more power out of my A12. I have found an ad for twin carbs:

"Twin dellortos and manifold for 1200/A12 I have for sale a pair of 40 DHLA Dellortos and a manifold to suit a 1200. These are ORIGINAL from a 1200SSS which was a New Zealand only model. The 1200 engine with these carbs, extractors and a mild cam made 90 hp -vs- 68 hp for the standard model. Considerably more than the highly prized 1200GX. BOLT ON HORSEPWER! They are in good working order. Will not suit an A14 or A15 as those engines have oval inlet ports. These suit A12/1200 motors with round inlet ports."

The guy wants $500 do you guys think this is a good buy or should I look for something else. I like the idea of keeping my 1200 stock, and this is probably the closest I will get.

Posted on: 2004/7/15 2:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Help needed
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I saw that advert. It's not a bad idea.

Other options may be better, but they will be more expensive.

Consider the manifold is worth $200 and each carby worth $150..IF they are still in running condition.

It's a bargain.

Not to mention their value being ex-SSS carbies.

I'd buy them if I was into hotting up an A Series, and planned on keeping the A12.

Posted on: 2004/7/15 2:13

Quite a regular
From Christchurch, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
That seems reasonable price wise (well at least carb wise), but be aware that the inlet manifolds were Kiwi cast by Dennis Marwood (the guy that got the Datsun OK to make the SSS in NZ) and they are awful!!!! None of them fit properly and to get them to match the head ports it is necessary to drill the mounting holes oversize to lift the manifold upwards to locate it better. All Marwood manifolds are like this - just a nasty design - some are better than others, but they are all pretty nasty in terms of alignment with the head ports........
Cheers
Jon

Posted on: 2004/7/15 16:03

Just can't stay away
From Burbank Ca.
Group:
Registered Users
If they were taken off a runner they may already be matched to fit your head. They will look great too.

Posted on: 2004/7/15 17:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]