Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

BENDIX ULTIMATE FRONT PADS
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From newcastle, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
DID YOU KNOW?...................................

That apparently bendix don'tmake 'ultimate' pads for stanzas(Girlock calipers) any more!?

I went to aqure a set, and i rang 4 different places around brisbane and they all said the same thing,
"bendix don't make them for stanzas anymore"
Have i been lyed to?
does anyone know where i can obtain a set from?

Posted on: 2004/10/28 13:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: BENDIX ULTIMATE FRONT PADS
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Are they the semi-metalic pads? or full?

I got a set of ADB's (Australia Disk Brakes) i think thats the brand name, for my stanza front end (Gurl locks).They were semi-metalic pads and work a treat, were cheapish too.

Posted on: 2004/10/28 13:08

Guest_
no you have not been lied too, they dont make them for datsun 1200 or 120y eother, have to stick to bendix advance or what ever they call the pleby ones.
i hear you can cut down green stuff ones tofit.. not advised though at thier prices

Posted on: 2004/10/28 13:10

From newcastle, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
i got talking to a guy at one of the brake wholesalers, and he was saying that the 'ultimates' are a race pad, and they take the heat really well, compared to the normal everyday driving ones that cost about $30, Which fade pretty quick at QR and behind a CA18, i found that out! he offered me a set of 'Metal Kings', he said that taxis use them, does anyone know anything about these?

I think someone mentioned that you could put 180SX rotors and calipers on stanza struts, does this require any mods?

Posted on: 2004/10/28 13:16

From Perth
Group:
Registered Users
Ultimates are a fast street pad.......not a race pad

Metal Kings or Performax are your best bet for the bendix range

When you want to spend more monry you'll have to get something cut specially

Posted on: 2004/10/28 14:51

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Steveo,
What on earth are you doing contemplating putting crap pads like that in a car that you are now racing?
Take it from me even a Metal King is simply not up to the task of serious braking in a competion enviroment, or for that matter pulling up from any high speed even on a public road.
Spend the money and put something good in the coupe- Pagid or Mintex 1155's etc and if you can't get them to fit your caliper then put something else on that you can get a good quality pad for.
And if anyone tells you that they are no good on the street thats simply not true - the new generation compounds work just fine from cold. Sure they get much better when hot, but are more than adequate for driving around the streets on.
Any Datsun 1200 with a CA18 turbo should have and needs some serious stopping power.You've found it with tyres, theres no point in having huge amounts of power if you can't put it down on the road and get the grip to give you good exit speeds from corners and good, powerful brakes are right up there with horespower, handling and grip if you want to go play with the big buys on a racetrack.
Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2004/10/29 0:49

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Ultimates are a decent pad for dual purpose stuff. They're not quite up to it with solid rotors for circuit racing, but fine for sprints and probably better than race pads for hillclimbs.

Steveo, I can't think of the part number, but I use a commodore pad in my Stanza Girlock calipers. The you can get any type of pad you want, including Bendix Ultimate. You just need to file/grind a touch off one corner.

Posted on: 2004/10/29 1:58

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Harry,
That really surprises me. my own experience with Bendix over the years is that they are rubbish and turn to mush very quickly-Metal Kings included.
I can remember very clearly scaring myself silly in an XU1 after fitting some of Bendix's latest and greatest and believe me they were useless when it really mattered.
Maybe this compound is better and I can certainly see where you are coming from re hill climbs but for roundy roundies?!?
What size rotors and calipers are you using?
If they are considerably bigger than the standard 110's then maybe this explains why your experiences are better with these pads- ie not getting so hot due to a much larger surface area.
Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2004/10/29 2:50

From newcastle, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
i haven't bought any pads yet!
i was seeing what other people use!

i was told the bendix ultimates where a racing pad and that they are a good pad, this mind you was from a person who is suposed to be a professional with 20yrs expeirence.

i eventually want to udgrade the front struts/brakes further, making them adjustable and putting bigger rotors and 4-spot calipers, but thats further down the track(datrats brake package maybe)

What rotors and 4-spot calipers fit onto stanza struts? i remember someone saying that 180sx and hilux fit on but does this require any modifacation? what are some other brake upgrades that people have done?

Posted on: 2004/10/29 11:27

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I agree Metal Kings are rubbish, along with all the other road type pads. I wouldn't say Bendix Ultimates are race pads by any stretch of the imagination, but they definitely cope with heat better than any other road pad I've used - some of which have actually caught fire! But they are approaching the cost of some of the cheaper race pads. I can get Bendix at trade price, so that's why I buy them.

I use the Aussie Stanza brakes. I think they're 244mm solid rotors. The pads are at their limits by the last lap of some of the 4 lap Supersprints at Morgan Park, so they are not a great pad by any means, but adequate for what I do. That describes my whole braking system actually...

Posted on: 2004/10/29 12:53

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.