Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

manifolds
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
How common are these a series injection manifolds ????
Everyone that I ask thinks i've lost it. No one i've spoken to has
ever heard of them.
I WANT ONE !!!!!!!!

James

Posted on: 2000/10/25 10:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Injection manifolds
Quite a regular
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
James, have a look in the photo's section (manifolds, drivelines, fuel) for photo's of A14 injection to show
your unbelievers. Barry

Posted on: 2000/10/25 10:27

Re: Injection manifolds
Home away from home
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
They are very rare indeed. I have never seen one in real life and wouldnt have a clue what they come standard on!! I dont think they would be as good as a set of 45 webers
tho. Espeacially on a heavily worked engine.

Scott

Posted on: 2000/10/26 5:16

Injection manifold stuff...
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Yes these manifolds are very rare indeed. A got my EFI setup when i bought my A14 motor, it came with it! (now sold the EFI setup to Errnstack - good luck). The guy i bought it off had it
in a 120Y with an Autronic aftermarket EFI management system (this is a $5000 fully sequential setup!). The end result, well it was about 2hp more than a comparable webber datsun. (There
were only head modifications to the valve seats & springs - the rest was stock!). He was getting 5litres per 100kms on the road though. Shitload of money to spend for so little! My EFI
motor had a gold rocker cover and came 2nd hand from Japan, with a high comp. chamber and 9.5:1 compression std, don't know which car it came from so happy hunting.

As for using the EFI manifold, yes they can be efficient but not suitable if you want power (naturally aspirated) because the runners are too long (to allow for better torque). A webber EFI
looking manifold is better, but its a different ball game for turbo. The design is excellent because the injectors are direct head, large ram type intake chamber, and runner length becomes
irrelevant because the turbo will push the air through. A standard looking manifold will look pretty cool with a turbo pipe stuck in one end!

I have seen one other standard EFI manifold at a place called "Speed Technology" in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia about a year ago. The owner is Steve Newing who runs a 1200 coupe
naturally aspirated EFI A14 with 95kw @ back wheels, he used to be 1st in the under 2 litre class. Anyway, he was preparing it for a client and was ripping off all the crap and plugging the
holes to prepare it for a turbo. Don't know what happened to it after that though...the mind boggles....

{hope this helps? - cheers}

Posted on: 2000/10/26 8:29

Re: Injection manifold stuff...
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I know a guy in sydney who gets custom throttle bodies made up. They hook up to a weber manifold and really look the business.

A complete setup costs around $3K, which includes computer, injectors, surge tank, fuel pumps etc. etc.

The upside is a much smoother idle and low end with a punchier mid range. The sacrifice is some top end power. And no, they don't sound anywhere near as good as a pair of
45s at 8,000.....

Posted on: 2000/10/26 10:52

Re: Injection manifold stuff...
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Thinking about this, the factory Nissan A14E setup was designed for typical mass-market street performance. It is not a racing system. I would expect better low-speed horsepower performance than a stock DCH306 carburetor (due to the longer runners), but the same peak horsepower.

As far as after-market engine controller (Megasquirt, HALtech, etc) that's not necessarily going to make more horsepower. To make more power, you need to rev the engine higher, after fitting larger-diameter runners, larger throttle body, higher flow injectors, etc. Then the aftermarket controller comes in handy for tuning to match.

As blucoupe73 brought out, using a weber sidedraft manifold with throttle bodies -- on an oval port head -- is the performance path. The factory manifold is probably designed for 5000 rpm tops.

See: wiki - Fuel Injection

Posted on: 2007/7/12 18:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.