Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

L20B feul pump question
Home away from home
From wodonga, victoria
Group:
Registered Users
about to atart my engine rebiuld got my new pistons, water pump, crow cam and gasket kit yesterday, all i need is the inlet manifold.

anyways, im running twin 40mm delorotes which i have already got with a crow cam, power comes on at 3000 and finishs at 6500, thats what the book said anyway, IS THE STANDARD FEUL PUMP GONNA PROVIDE ENOUGH FEUL? im not familiar with these pumps so dont no what they are capapble of.

(if any one has a twin webber manifold for 2 litre im interested.)

Posted on: 2005/1/21 8:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: L20B feul pump question
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
datfunboy,you'll find the mechanical fuel pump works fine,i can remember seeing 2 litre 1600's being raced with a stock pump with 2 webers.
the trick i'd be looking for is...the mechanical
pump from an l24-l28.they seem to have the same bolt pattern,seem to be driven off the
cam in the same way,& i can remember the fellow with the 1600 saying that he was going to fit one.now,this is 15 years ago,so details are a bit vague,but the r30 skyline was originally carbed,& they're still reasonably common.with the a series,i've always used an
electric pump because the mechanical pump fell
away in the top end,but with a bigger l series
pump this shouldn't be a worry.seeing as i'll soon be putting an l20 into a sunny coupe myself,not to mention the l18 into the 120y coupe,i'm an interested party,so let us(me) know how thinks turn out.

Posted on: 2005/1/22 4:51
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]