Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Audio Problemo
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
In my g/f 1200 when the engine is running the music from the cd player keeps cutting in and out, like a static noise. It is a Pioneer CD player (PIODEH1600) with new Kenwood 6x9's. i installed a aepro noise filter but the problem is now worse than before. I have earthed the noise filter properly and connected to the battery but no difference. Can any one help.

Cheers
Ryan

Posted on: 2005/9/2 15:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Audio Problemo
Just can't stay away
From Colac, Vic, Oz
Group:
Registered Users
Two Questions nizzdat. 1. how did you wire the power on to Example Battery or passing power lead under the dash? mining No offence ok. 2. How old is alternator, is there a filter on it? If is what condition is it in. This is a common problem with my datos and l put new filters on coil, alternator & earthed the bonnet (Earth strap) and dissy. Why? Because l have cb's in my two dato's as well and they all picking static up as well the radio. GooD Luck with finding it. Bruns

Posted on: 2005/9/2 17:10

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
i connected the filter to ACC from the wireharness and then from the filter to the cd player. the alternator is a reco one from the wreckers. the coil and alternator have a little cylinder resitor on the both. the car is earthed from the battery, engine and trans. but it is weird when i connected the new filter it made the problem worse.
I cant find the problem someone help.!

Posted on: 2005/9/3 7:33

Just can't stay away
From Colac, Vic, Oz
Group:
Registered Users
You have worse problem than l did with my two dato's. There is a leak in system somewhere. Can someone else who reads this forum help. Because l would like to hear anyone with a answer to problem. Have ago Folks in helping nizzdat. Bruns

Posted on: 2005/9/3 20:49

Home away from home
From Perth, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Generally, any ignition or system noise that finds its way into an audio system is the result of a poor earth. Being as I am a freelance designer of custom systems, I have encountered this in the past. make sure everything that should be is grounded correctly to BARE metal (not simply painted) and that all connections are correctly soldered and insulated. Some people use crimp fittings, but I know that they have introduced noise in the past. Also, is the head unit itself grounded correctly ? If after all this you still have hassles, it is good odds that the problem lies elsewhere in the Accessories circuit. A final long shot cause is that the spark plug leads are malfunctioning. Chasing down noise is the nastiest job in car audio and haveign had to do it myself, I feel your pain !!! Hope this helps and good luck.

Posted on: 2005/9/6 16:25
5 Speed Gearbox
New Interior (in the making)
My website

Just can't stay away
From Colac, Vic, Oz
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks annb008 for that matey from bruns. l had that problem in my two datos utes and l earthed & power all to the battery & loss all the static from my system & just recently this week put a cb radio & Radio/CD player in corolla car of mine & had static. Replaced filters on coil & Etc.. And Wired them directly to the battery, all gone? Bruns

Posted on: 2005/9/8 17:47

Not too shy to talk
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
hay guys hears a long shot but i had this problem...ok due 2 littel room in the bak tray the speaker wire terminals sumtimes hit the car and earth out. expecaly if ut tray isn secured down good.. like mine... also is the cd u r playing a burnt cd? coz sum cd plays hav trouble playing them.. r u running an amp? coz i sumtimes get noise thro my rca leads. if not i recomend u re fit it and solder all conections..

let us no wat it waz..

Posted on: 2005/9/9 1:21

ill always remember ther fun times we had

lifes worth living wen u want 2 die sideways

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Word form the missus that the problem has been fixed. i installed a low amp rated noise filter on the acc circuit, and a larger amp rated noise filter on the constant power circuit. I soldered all joins properly so this might have helped also. This has seemed to cancel out all interference. It sounds 100% better and now the speakers sound descent. Cheers for the help and advice, but it is good to solve the problem without resorting to paying someone to do it for me.

Cheers
Ryan

Posted on: 2005/9/10 13:52

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From torquay, victoooooria, australia
Group:
Registered Users
just as nizzdat solves his static problem mine starts

i've just installed an amp to the boot of my sedan, power runs up drivers side, everything else - speaker wires, rca's, stacker lead, run up the passenger side. It's all fixed in securely, wire joins are soldered and heat shrinked, earth connections - amp and head unit, are to clean metal, even cleaned the earth's from battery to block to body .... but still get blasted buzzing thru the speakers when the engines running i've even tried a dodgey wiring of the amp earth to the battery and the head unit to the battery .... all to no avail

the stereo had no problems before the amp went in and the only things i haven't changed are the little filters on the coil, acc circuit. The alternator's only 6mnths old and was a new one.

any additional ideas would be most greatly appriciated

Posted on: 2005/9/14 10:32

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
i have this problem in my partners 1200 when the wipers are on you can hear them in the static???? what are these filters everyones talking about.

Posted on: 2005/9/14 10:54

IPRA Build

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.