sub install in my ute
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

i have just finished my audio install on my 1200 ute, and i am pritty happy with the results. i have been reading a few old posts on here of other peoples install jobs and i personaly think that this would have to be by far the easiest way to install a sub in your ute if thats what u wanna do. i made and covered my own door cards and made my own new kick panels. the 1200 doors are great because they have lots of depth and the quarter windows, so installing the subs was not difficult at all. my system is made up of very few components and is not a very complicated system. i run two dual voice coil, 200 wrms at 2 ohms, 8" diamond audio subs in my doors, and a pair of 6.5" 75wrms focal component slits in my kick panels. and to power the whole lot 2 300wrms 4way pioneer amps which are bridged and each power one set of speakers. my amps are my weak link of my system, they are alright but are pioneer so they are not of the best quality. my system has lots of power and plenty of bass, the sound is of top quality with deep lows and amazingly crisp and clear highs.

Posted on: 2006/3/13 0:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: sub install in my ute
Home away from home
From Tamworth, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
i think you will have to upload your pic s in the photos section. cheers

Posted on: 2006/3/13 0:36

Home away from home
From Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.
Group:
Registered Users
pioneer is fairly good quality stuff. the only thing i would question now that u have subs in ur doors, is where do you put ur legs?
theres not exactly lots of room in the ute to begin with.
anyway im sure its a great install. any sub in a small cab is a good idea.
Doof on mate

Posted on: 2006/3/13 8:59

New Daily: <<<<Now For Sale.
1972 B110, 13" Bathurst mags, airbrus

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
to tell you the truth fella, i honestly have a hell of a lot more room then even i thought. i got the idea to put my subs in my doors, from a fella at tonkens car audio, because had owned a 1200 ute and he put them in his doors, and said that that was a problem for him. but he said that he spaced it off his door a fair way, thats why i wasnt real keen on doing it. and it was only when i was around at my mates place and i was looking at his subs, i was like i reccon it could be done with out to much spacing. so to keep it as close to the door card, i only used 12mm mdf as my spacer, and with that there is about 15-20mm clearance behind the sub. so its only 12mm plus the thickness of the sub, so i have heaps of room, when i am driving i have around 60-65mm clearence betwen my legs and the sub, so i think i can put up with that.
oh and back to the pioneer thing, like pioneer are all right, but i think that u pay a lot more for the name than u do for the components. i think that they are not very good value for money. i have found that its the brands that people dont know which give u the best sound quality, and a bit better value for money, but hey its not for everyone, as it can be expencive. like my fronts are $550 a pair, and my new diamond audio 5" splits for the front are $780 a pair, but at least i know u are buying quality. but hey at the end of the day its what u can afford and what u are willing to pay

Posted on: 2006/3/13 10:59

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Geelong, Vic
Group:
Registered Users
$780 for 5" splits, geez the best pioneer 6" splits aint that much and they are damn good quality

i think paying less for the best thing that pioneer make would keep me happy, but then i have some $400 6" pioneer splits and they are great

Posted on: 2006/3/13 11:22

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
yeah i used to have the pioneer bullet 6" splits and they are all right, but nothing special, i would never reccomend them to anyone. i got rid of them and put my focal splits in, and the diffrence in sound quality and quantity was huge. but 780 isnt that much for a good pair of speakers, other brands like morel, mb quart, nakamich, u will pay around 1000 to about 1600 for a pair, so yeah there is a bit of difference. lol

Posted on: 2006/3/13 11:35

Home away from home
From sacramento california
Group:
Registered Users
i know stereos beter than i know engines. puting your subs in your doos is a really really bad idea. not just for clearence reasons. a subwoofer is made to be in an encloser(a box). it will only preform well in a sealed box if there is engough air inside it. in a prted box the port(only one!) cant be bigger than 3in. diameter circle. the reasoning for this all has to do with the amount of travel your sub voice coil has on the cone. if you dont give a box enough air like in a ute door. i know that you have trouble finding space in your pickup for subs, my suggestion is to go with two 10in. subs in a pickup. you will get more than enough bass, and you can use a verry small box with 10in subs because of the travel. with 10in you need around 75-100 cubic inches of air . if you have already mounted the subs in the door then you might want to be carful when rolling your windows down, and dont bother trying to seal it, how ever you could try insulating it to cancel out unwanted vibrations and maintain good vibrations!.
and by the way there is no pioneer in the usa that sells for 700-800 bucks. you got way ripped off. i have a 15in memphis i payed 125 for. a 12in mtx i payed85 for, two 12in audiobahns in a sub zero box for 300. an infinity 15 for 350. wherever youve been buying your car stereo equipment, i would sugest changing you suplier. if you need any other help just ask.
ps. unfortunatly i have spent more $ on my car stereo than i have put into the engine...but not for long

Posted on: 2006/3/13 11:36

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
yeah i know where you are coming from fella, and i thought about the exact same thing when i done it, i was going to try and seal my door up it i wasnt real happy with the result. but there is no need to, the sub, are so crisp and very quick, they are only 8" so they are not sloopy. and for the vibration, i have fully dynamated the inside of my doors, so more music in side the car, and there is no vibration nosie what so ever in my doors.

oh and i never said that i paid 700-800 dollars for anything pioneer, i am not silly, i said that my diamond audio 5' splits are that much big difference

Posted on: 2006/3/13 11:49

Home away from home
From sacramento california
Group:
Registered Users
ahh ok i get u. i was un aware that you were only using 8". i thought you were at least using 10's. my mistake. 8 should fit well in the doors then. still diamonds are pretty steep where you bought them. i dont know much about diomands i bought a set of 12's and i wasnt too impressed with them. they were saposed to be able to handle 500 watt rms, and 100 peak. i hooked them up to a 800 watt peak amp and blew the cone 30 feet in the air. might have been a flawed speaker though. sounds like you got it set up really nice if you cant hear any vibrations at all. ive been trying to kill all the noises in my b210 for over a year.

Posted on: 2006/3/13 12:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]