Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: coil spring.. leaf spring..
Just can't stay away
From Penang, Malaysia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
OK.... back to the original topic.... Perhaps a stupid question--as I am a complete n00b--but is the semi-trailing IRS from S130 easily adaptable to a 1200? Quite simple and fairly common in a dime.

Sorry for my knowledge in english is very low.. i can't understand this..
I'm asking "the coil.... the leaf.." because i'm thinking of to make mine coils... take completely from B310 part.. the link also.. cut from the chasis.. using the gear box and brake.. but have to know from other person did this about the benefit or just waisting time and money.. till now there're nobody respond do this.. then i'm asking what about the hydraulic..? here in malaysia people dont play low rider yet.. quit expensive.. there're many in thailand.. because my point is to make mine as low as i can.. By leaf.. we can use 5 inches block but worry something happen.. the nut can be too near the road surface..

not build yet... dreame of it..

Quote:
by Ianey on 2006/5/15 15:42:48..This is one cool jigger

Ianey... How do this happen.. hydraulic..? or just for fun.. Wow... make more picture especially datto 1200.. ThANks....

This is 3 inches block for rear.. not low yet if i'm changing 15"... this is 13".. maybe this is more benefit then 15" which is more nice looking... maybe i'm wrong....
Open in new window

Posted on: 2006/5/15 14:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I'll respond to this.

It seems like 'naman' wants to lower his car 'as low as possible'.

He wanted to know if using a B310 rear suspension system would help him do this.. I would say no. I have seen 1200 utes with the rear axle assembly only 1inch away from the subframe, and they still weren't that low because they were using 16 inch wheels. So the B310 system would be a lot of work for little benefit.

1. Use 13 inch rims, it will be much easier to lower the datsun to scrape the ground.
2. Use lowering blocks and reset-lowered springs. You should be able to get 6 inch lower.
3. For the front, you will need to 'cut the front strut tubes, and replace shock insert with 240Z replacements.
4. You will then need to get special lowered (higher spring rate) springs.
5. You will need to then do a bumpsteer analysis on the front, as cars bump steer more the lower they are, because they are designed to run at the normal ride height.
6. You will also need a wheel alignment.

Lowering your car is easy if you want to do it unsafely, like 70% of pictures you see on the internet.

Lowering your car safely involves a some serious thought. The lower the car, the more potential problems arise.

Posted on: 2007/1/16 20:50

Just can't stay away
From Penang, Malaysia
Group:
Registered Users
thanks dattodude... very much.. i clearly understand for your respond.. so i just need maintain as i'm now..

one more thing.. do someone have change to b310 suspension system and do they get a soft ride like it.. (rear system) because b110 bump more harder maybe of the leaf spring... tq..

Posted on: 2007/1/29 2:36

Home away from home
From Tracy ,Ca
Group:
Registered Users
I coverted my 1200 to coilovers but it is a race car, lots of fabication required. does it have a softer ride, no but it does change handling of car and is a lot more adjustible

Posted on: 2007/1/29 2:54

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.