Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A-series turbo manifolds
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if there was ever a factory turbo version of the A-series engine? I'm pretty sure there was not one here in the states but I just don't know. I would be interested in
buying one or more of the exhaust manifolds if the price was right. Also, I was wondering about fuel injection. Was there an FI A-series? Looking forward to any information on these
issues. Have a day. Tim

Posted on: 2001/2/14 10:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: A-series turbo manifolds
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know of factory turbo A series engines.
However, there were definitely Fuel Injected versions of the A-14 available out of what I believe was a Sunny (310?) I know this because I saw one up at SSS Autos in Sydney about 5-
10 years ago, fresh from a crate of engines from Japan. It was Mechanical Fuel Injection though, I would Bending up your own and buying an aftermarket computer would be the best
bet.

Chris

Posted on: 2001/2/14 11:40

Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
while we are on the subject, I think i heard of injection for an a15, which is fitted to some forklifts...if any one knows more
please let me know...
linc

Posted on: 2001/2/15 12:27

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know about injection on the A15 or in the forklifts but a friend of mine has a system that came on the A14 in the M10 Pulsars (very first ones). The set up he got came from Singapore
but I would expect if they had it, Japan would have also. He has a spare set of the hardware injectors etc that he is going to give me and he is now going to sell me his fuel only Motec
computer, loom etc as he has found a fuel and ignition model second hand. I'll be running this on an A15 with an E15 electronic distributor if I can get down to see him and pick it up. I
haven't seen the original set up yet but I have seen his modified one. The plenum twists around at the front when mounted in a RWD format due to originally being FWD and he cut the front off
and welded on a flat plate to mount a Camira throttle body as the original one had very small throats.
From the look of it I would say it was originally EFI not mechanical injection. The inlet runners curve up like a twin downdraft carby manifold and has some provision underneath for water
heating which he just blocked off.
I think he said it curves around the front of the motor to the drivers side (Aust) which I thought may be beneficial in keeping so you could hook up a supercharger later on. But that's just
a thought for the future..

Posted on: 2001/2/15 6:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.