Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

A Christmas present.
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
In my eternal pursuit of those elusive, rare & desirable parts for my little coupe, I sometimes have to move quickly.

I had known about this little item for some time & had made some noises about wanting it for my KB10, but the owner was keeping it for his own KB10 with fire breathing A15 instead. After a while he started talking about actually installing it, & since it is the only example of this item that I have ever encountered, I decided that I had to do something quickly.

A phone call & an offer that left him speechless for more than a few seconds meant that I had obviously gone too high, but it was within the value range that Feral had suggested & it was too late to backtrack.
The deal was done & I had bought myself a Christmas present, but would have to wait for a suitable time to pick it up.

That time was today. A slow & VERY HOT trip of over 180k [115 miles] meant that I now have it in my possession, so another small step forward.

Open in new window
The best presents come in boxes like this.

This is a nice new Nismo LSD for the H150 third member. The H150 differential will fit into my H145 rear axle housing & allow me to run the higher 3.7 to 1 ratio straight up, & if that still proves to be a bit short, then a 3.54 to 1 ratio can be sourced for it.

I could of course do this with the stronger H165 diff, but it is more costly as it needs narrowing, it is un-necessarily heavier, & is overkill behind my puny little weed of an A13 engine.

Thank you [unidentified] fellow club member & KB10 owner, your decision to sell this to me is very much appreciated. So was the beer at the end of the day.

Open in new window
Open in new window

Posted on: 2007/3/4 3:43

Re: A Christmas present.
From Geelong, Vic
Group:
Registered Users
and now every one is wondering what exactly was the price range that errol told you

mmm so shiny

Posted on: 2007/3/4 3:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I'm actually thinking where he's going to get the torque from to drive a 3.54 diff with an A-series. Maybe he plans to use a high torque starter motor during take offs.

I'm running 3.45 on my CA18, and I'm keen to get the 3.7 installed!

It is a very nice looking diff. These sort of things are always interesting.

Posted on: 2007/3/4 3:55

From Geelong, Vic
Group:
Registered Users
yeah i was also thinking that
just didnt want to put all the possible thoughts in my post

Posted on: 2007/3/4 4:01

Group:
Registered Users
When I ran my 1000 sedan I used a 1200 GX engine with the 76mm bore size, which duplicates the short stroke A13 anyway, & it used the F5W56A gearbox along with the 1200 diff center at 3.9 to 1 ratio combined with some 205x60x13 tyres. The big problem that I suffered was short gearing. I was forever reaching down to do another upshift & realising that there were no more gears to shift up to.

This time my engine will have a 77mm bore & a 10% stroker crank [also 77mm] along with the very same 56A five speed & the same 205x60x13 tyre size. The change in ratio from 3.9 to 3.7 is not all that much & it must be remembered that this is to be a highway cruise-mobile, not a drag racer, so if I can get just some pretentions of sporting performance, then I will be happy.

The 3.54 to 1 ratio was used in US model 210 cars [B310] behind all of the engine options, including the 'thrift' [gutless] version of the A14. These B310 models are heavier than any B10 model ever was, & the first gear ratio in my 5 speed is lower than the overdrive 5 speed models.

The increase in the weight of the coupe over the four door sedan is MUCH LESS than the weight of the passenger that I don't have anymore, so I don't see any real problems with the ratio, unless it's still too short. [like my di.., Oh, never mind]

As for the price range, well, that's what they call 'Business, in confidence'

Posted on: 2007/3/4 4:18

Group:
Registered Users
What's the deal with your threads of late?
You seem to be trying to make a point about offering an over the top dollar value for the goods of choice.
What's that about?
Are you trying to prove a point? or trying to pull the wind over peoples eyes?

Will you be taking photos at this years Datnats and then supplying CD copies free of charge to anyone and everyone?
Sounds like a good way to make friends

Posted on: 2007/3/4 4:27

Group:
Registered Users
How nice to hear from you again Steve, & still crying too I see. Never a kind word to say to anyone unless they are groveling at your feet.

I noticed that you chose not to accept my offer of a free CD, well that's your choice & there were no strings attached. What was the matter, couldn't lower yourself to accept my offer?

Remember, the price I offered [for the LSD] was in a range that was suggested by someone whose judgement I respected, or are you going to tell us that Feral is a bad person too.
Perhaps you could enlighten us with some sordid tale of how the payment of a fair market price for a rare item is pulling the wind [wind??] over anyones eyes, or do you still subsubscribe to your policy of ripping people off as you so clearly described in your post about a hypothetical customer with a broken fan belt.
Many others described it as 'blatant overservicing.' Don't you remember? "Quality Service" is what you tried to pass it off as if I remember rightly.

As always, your constructive posts are welcome, but somehow I doubt that you can lift yourself that high.
Prove me wrong.

Posted on: 2007/3/4 4:43

Group:
Registered Users
No crying, just asking questions. Do you seem to have difficulty in answering them? Why is that?
You are right i didnt want a copy. I can see past your motives, I have dealt with you before ( or was it a matter of a fact that i refused to deal with you, that lead me to know your motives?). Also did you forget? I was at datnats, I took my own photos, I saw things with my own eyes. I even took the oportunity to meet you in person to see the real you. Do you remember? I know your alter ego Dats_hot does. After all, You (oh I mean Dats-hot) tried to threaten me and claim to know what I look like. I think the claim was " I saw you at datnats I know what you look like ".

My previous post has nothing to do with the other parties in which you are trying to use in defence.
My post has to do with your threads. Majorly based on Announcing that you have offered great somes of money for goods that even the sellers were overcome by.
Whats that all about Dodgy?
Is it about pulling the wind over www.datsun1200.com members eyes in an attempt to hide the real conman?

What do your textbooks have to say on this matter?

Posted on: 2007/3/4 5:01

Group:
Registered Users
Oh come now Steve, you're too modest, you cry about anything & everything all the time.

I remember you at the Goulburn Datnats. You came up & introduced yourself, you had been waiting off to the side. Were you stalking me even back then as you clearly knew who I was, but I wouldn't have known you even if I had bumped into you. I seem to remember that we spoke for only a brief time about the most superficial things, so you certainly seem to have learned a lot from that.

Ahhh, your old gnawing bone, poor old Dats-hot. You were going to PROVE that this member was me. You were in touch with the moderators who were going to capture both our URL's & then hang me out to dry, but as usual, you got it wrong.

Both Dat-hot & I were on at the same time on several occasions after that, so what's the suggestion now, that I have two computers, with two internet accounts & I sit at both at the same time writing posts.

What happened? You have never come up with this PROOF, or did the moderators tell you to go away & stop wasting their time.

And of course, there were those new members Throatslitter & Sadman. these wouldn't have been your evil little inventions would they? Come now, you can speak freely here & you have told us several times that you may be many things, but you NEVER LIE, so you can tell me, .. I won't tell a soul.
The moderators know who it was i'm sure

All of this sounds like the wanderings of someone with a problem, perhaps a mental disorder.
Do you have a diagnosed mental disorder Steve? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Quote:
2004/5/12
phunkdoktaspok wrote:
Well yes I am Dyslexic and I also have Bipolar,

Thread Link
Google link

Posted on: 2007/3/4 5:15

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dodgeman wrote:
Oh come now Steve, you're too modest, you cry about anything & everythin all the time.

Ahhh, your old gnawing bone, poor old Dats-hot. You were going to PROVE that this member was me. You were in touch with the moderators who were going to capture both our URL's & then hang me out to dry, but as usual, you got it wrong.

Both Dat-hot were on at the same time on several occasions after that, so what's the suggestion now, that I have two computers, with two internet accounts & I sit at both at the same time writing posts.

What happened? You have never come up with this PROOF, or did the moderators tell you to go away & stop wasting their time.

And of course, there were those new members Throatslitter & Sadman. these wouldn't have been your evil little inventions would they? Come now, you can speak freely here & you have told us several times that you may be many things, but you NEVER LIE, so you can tell me, .. I won't tell a soul.
The moderators know who it was i'm sure

All of this sounds like the wanderings of someone with a problem, perhaps a mental disorder.
Do you have a diagnosed mental disorder Steve? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Quote:
2004/5/12
phunkdoktaspok wrote:
Well yes I am Dyslexic and I also have Bipolar,

Thread Link
Google link

Wow Asking questions about something I have openly written about in the past.
You even went to the effort of supplying 2 links.
1 to the thread in which I wrote the answer to the Question of which you now are asking.
And the other to a google search that reveals the textbook definition.
Whats that all about Dodgeman?
Is this an attempt to big up yourself?
Should I feel down about myself?
Does posting about this make you feel like a man?
I am totally bewildered Dodgyman.
I find it odd that you would ask a question about something you already know and can seem to locate the posted answer in a 3year old thread.
Whats that all about?
The fact that you can and knew to locate this thread, completely shows me the lengths that you will go to, to try and belittle me. After all Dats_hot wasnt a sper of the moment thing. It was a long drawn out attack that started out slowly, with posts here and there, untill the day you exploded and slipped up.
After all that planing.( Its called Pre Meditation) I wouldnt put it past yourself to use 2 computers to trick and make believe your innocence.
Quote:

That parts a little perculiar and concerning ( no not really concerning)
I just did a members search and there doesnt seem to be members as such. Maybe its time to see the doctor. Maybeeeeeee I can give you the number of mine. Or would that make you feel less of a man? Im sure other members out there have similar attributes. Im sure they would like to know your feelings on this matter.
But before you go to the trouble of answering these questions. Maybeeeeeeee you would like to answer the previous questions I have asked and you appear to be Dodging. Can you not answer them? Why is that?

Posted on: 2007/3/4 5:55

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.