Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

FS: full GX setup for 210 (in TX but will ship anywhere)
Home away from home
From Dallas TX
Group:
Registered Users
Well the time has come to bail out on my current Datsun related endeavors. I haven't had time in over a year to touch my 210(s) so they need to go. I doubt I'll be able to sell the cars because neither run so I'll part them out I suppose.

So I'll start with the carb setup.

See my gallery for pictures. The carbs were rebuilt by ZTherapy.com. These guys are Hitachi SU carburetor masters. The rebuild alone cost $600 plus core. These carbs have never been run. I put oil in the dampers and fuel has run thru them once when I tried to start my engine but that's it (with stock low pressure fuel pump).

So what's included with the carbs: GX manifold (with spacers, mounting hardware, stub stacks, PCV valve and NOS GX tube connecting the manifold to the valve cover), custom heat shield made by ZTherapy, custom linkage made by ZTherapy, dual choke cable and assembly (mounts in the dash to the lower right of the steering wheel), air filters (not in great shape but includes filter elements and sticky spray, cleaner plus some more filter sheet material for at least 1 more set of inserts), "custom" 240Z fuel rail for use with stock fuel pump (I bent this to fit - not beautiful but good to get going), any thing else attached that's needed to get the carbs going.

This should be pretty a pretty simple swap on a running car. I woudl be driving around with it but I have other engine problems that I couldn't solve and now have no time to mess with it.

If necessary these could be listed on ebay as a Buy It Now auction if the buyer is willing to cover the fees. This is if the buyer wants a little more security with the transaction. I have perfect ebay feedback (user perdue1).

As for price - don't know for sure. I put about $1100 into this believe it or not. I want to get a good deal of that back but obviously I can't get it all. I'm open to offers.

Posted on: 2007/3/30 9:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: FS: full GX setup for 210 (in TX but will ship anywhere)
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Tell me a little about the cars, please. Shoot me an e-mail at dimlight65@aol.com. I have a friend, hard to believe I know, who is looking for a cheap two door 1200/B-210/210/what-have-you as a fun street toy. He loves driving his four-door, poo-brown 210 but wants something a little cooler looking. Running is not a necessity but one in decent shape would be preferred. In fact, non-running might be preferred if it gets the price down! Oh, we're in Fort Worth and willing to come grok what you have.

Posted on: 2007/3/30 10:12

Home away from home
From Dallas TX
Group:
Registered Users
I'll send the email in a few minutes.

Posted on: 2007/3/30 10:16

Home away from home
From Dallas TX
Group:
Registered Users
Also see my www link. That'll tell you a lot more than what I'll tell you in the email. Just knwo that once the baby came I've hardly touched the car.

Michael

Posted on: 2007/3/30 10:17

From Arlington, TX, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I know the white Coupe, but what other 210 do you have?

Posted on: 2007/3/30 14:27

From Arlington, TX, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Also, Click here for a pic of the white Coupe.

Posted on: 2007/3/30 14:28

From Arlington, TX, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mperdue wrote:
I doubt I'll be able to sell the cars because neither run so I'll part them out I suppose.

I've owned nearly 35 Datsuns in the last 15 years. Less than half of them ran when I bought them. Of those, 9-10 didn't even have engines in them.

If the price is right, they will sell. Email me and we'll see what's up.

john@roper-photo.com

Posted on: 2007/3/30 14:55

Home away from home
From Dallas TX
Group:
Registered Users
The other is a yellow 210 wagon. It was runnign when I got it last year but would idle high sometimes. I swapped the stock carb with a rebuilt one and couldn't fix the problem. I really bought that car for the 5-speed trannies that came with it. I still have one of the 2 trannies left - a rebuilt 5-speed dogleg that I also need to sell along with the rest of the stuff.

I wrote you an email John but the storm killed power adn my DSL connection (and I lost the email). To summarize, not sure what I want for it all. Maybe you should take a look and we can talk? I'm not ready to give it away that's for sure but not tryign to come out ahead either which never happens anyway.

Posted on: 2007/3/30 16:05

Home away from home
From Dallas TX
Group:
Registered Users
I thought I had a way to salvage my project but i don't think it'll work out.

I'd like to try to sell both cars and everything together and just get out of the datsun business for awhile.

My price is $1750 (down from the $2500 I was askign for awhile back). I put $1100 in the carb setup and well over $1000 on the engine rebuild so I think it's a fair price. Also includes a dogleg 5-speed that was rebuilt in the 80's and never used. Both cars (79' wagon and '79 hatchback coupe). Neither are running though but the coupe is in nice condition. Lots of new parts. If buyer needs a title on the wagon you have to cover my fees to get it done. I have the title, just not transferred in my name.

I got an offer of $900 for the carb/intake setup so you could get more than half right off the bat if you don't want it. Or if you can troubleshoot the engine is probably a day's work from running. I just don't have the time, help or know-how.

Reply here or PM for more info.

Posted on: 2007/6/18 15:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.