Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 11 »

Re: The official datnats 07 thread pics and stories here!
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Guys and girls.

It is a long way from PI to Sydney. After leaving at 5.40 in the morning, I arrived at home at about 5pm. 10 hrs 20 minutes with 5 stops for fuel.

It was great to meet many of you, and the show and race day was worth the effort. But I was given the distinct feeling of being a pork chop at a Sheik Helali BBQ. Without the various Datsun forum people being there, I may have gone home early.

Good to see many of the cars, but I'll never go to another Z-car related event in the future. I won't be going to the Brisbane show either.

I will post the photos from the event in the next couple of days.

Posted on: 2007/4/9 6:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
It's funny you say that chris because all I heard all weekend was people having a go at the NDSOC organisation and Z car favouritism.

Like at the "welcome" barbecue I payed $10 for I was told to take the last scabby chicken patty rather than hold up the line for some chicken or sausage.

Or how for the concours day the instructions read like "All Z cars enter via front and all other cars are to enter in from the back".

Or how one of the Z drivers felt it necessary to ask the organisers at the track to repeat the instructions on letting faster cars through just so all the "other datsun" drivers could hear it twice.!

Twas a good event still .

Posted on: 2007/4/9 7:37

From Melbourne AUS
Group:
Registered Users
awesome weekend.

a few more driving events would have made it a whole lot more fun.

but it was still good finally seeing all the 1200's from this site and putting faces to the names weve all known for so long.

its just a shame we all cant hang out and talk datto crap together more often.

good job guys and girls. the 1200's looked great!

Posted on: 2007/4/9 7:43

From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All,
Well what a great weekend..... It was great to catch up with 1200 bunch from Victoria and elsewhere.

Thanks to "Coops" for putting me up for the night on the way down to P.I. Finally got to meet Feral Errol in the flesh. Nicest couple of blokes you could ever meet.

I think I will be kicking myself for quite awhile for not bringing my racecar to the Island. It just worked out that way that it just was not possible. Anyways it was great to get at least 3 parade laps, just to get the feel for the cct. I will be back there later in the year. [Well thats the plan anyway].

It was great to dribble on about datsuns to other datto nuts.

Did a total of 1353 miles in the A12 powered 1200. Im very happy with my little machine over the journey as it didnt miss a beat or get hot. On the HWY's I kept it running at ~4200 rpm at 70 MPH for hour after hour. The only down side would be the noise in the cabin [my ears are still ringing]

Also its notably warmer back home in sydney. The breeze off the ocean at P.I is rather fresh [did I say cold].

I plan to post up some pics when I get the chance.

cheers
Benny

Posted on: 2007/4/9 12:27

Just can't stay away
From Melbourne - Werribee
Group:
Registered Users
Hi all, the nats was a great event and i am glad to have met some of the Melbourne crowd and i hope that we all can keep in touch (did someone say club meetings?)

I probably went unnoticed generally as both my cars are still unfinished and 1800 kms (or was it (1715 for the trivia night ppl) away form me in Brisbane.
I guess i will just have to get at least one back and finish it for the next nats.
As far as i am aware the next nats will be the QLD zed guys and will be in and around Warwick and Morgan Park raceway.
I didnt notice the Zed versus everyone battle that much but i was not entered with a car so it may have passed over my head. Chris i hope that you reconsider the boycott by the next one!
Great work on the youtubing and the pics.
Mopar - Did your 1000 make it to the track? i didnt see it till the show.

Ben

Posted on: 2007/4/9 12:40

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/datsun
b10/

From Schofields
Group:
Registered Users
anyone catch the rolled 1200 on video or what it looked like after?

Posted on: 2007/4/9 12:55

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
whoridas_girl, there was a photo of the rolled 1200 earlier in the thread from Dattogirl I think.

good to see that Z car smugness hasn't gone away. I always felt like building a 120Y into a 160Z replica and turn up at one of their meetings with a membership form in hand just to see their reaction.

Chris, hopefully the bad taste in your mouth will be just a distant memory by the next event. It would be a real shame to see the Z car owners win and keep away one of the best Datsuns in the country.

Good to hear the next one will be around Warwick and Morgan Park Raceway too - QR is boring, and Dattos are much better suited to a tighter twistier track. Morgan Park is a fun little track with 3 or 4 different circuit configurations possible, lots of interesting corners and some elevation changes too.

And Warwick is a much better location for inter-staters. Cheaper accom, and better access via the New England Highway, or even the Newell which is a better option for those who tow.

some 1200.com members' cars are looking very nice in those pics. thanks Boof for taking and publishing so many pics on the net for those of us who couldn't make it all the way down there.

really keen to get started on my next Datto project now! even if I don't have the car yet :-lol

Posted on: 2007/4/9 13:20

From torquay, victoooooria, australia
Group:
Registered Users
one of the bits i felt the best about was at the concourse when one of the NDSOC officals apologised to me over a misunderstanding at the track day (a few of you know know what i'm on about) and then commented on how high the quality was of the 1200's that had turned up ... the paint, bodies and engine setups as a whole

i'm entertaining the idea of the drive from melb to brisbane in the 1200 and would like to see a good turnout from members of this site, i felt a little out of it all not owning a Z or a 1600 in regards to not being as important but it hasn't discouraged me ... i'd rather turn up and make them notice the lowly B110 and B10 than not be there at all

cheers for the comments on the pics, if anyone wants high quality ones of any of them shoot me a pm with the pic details and an email address i can send it to.
might even do the dodgeman free cd of pics if anyone wants all of them

for those of you who were keen to see pics of the new wheels i got from benny .... start drooling
Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2007/4/9 13:52

From South Africa, Bloemfontein
Group:
Registered Users
Aaaggggggg!!!!!
Damn firewall at work.

I can only look at the pictures that are inserted into the thread.
Sorry Boofhead, can't get access to the 141 pictures that you posted on another website.
Being blocked by work's firewall.

Wish I was in Australia for the meetup.

Posted on: 2007/4/9 15:11

Just can't stay away
From Ipswich
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, true Queensland Raceway is more for the big horse power cars and Morgan Park Raceway is a lot more fun for the dattos. Getting together more often is great as the QPCD get together every mouth as speak s**T to each other. Yes, it is a bit of a drive up here but we

Posted on: 2007/4/9 15:24

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 11 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.