Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
eBay Item 110267327447
Open in new window
Quote:

Title: 1973 Datsun 1200 coupe PARTS CAR A15 engine, 5 speed
Mileage: 99,800 miles
Vehicle is located in Rossland, BC, Canada, (a few miles north of the US Border, to the north of Colville / Spokane WA).

Buyer (or buyer's representative) is responsible for loading and securing the vehicle onto the flatbed they provide, vehicle can't be made roadworthy and can't be towed on its own wheels. Care must be taken in loading vehicle as unit body is not structurally sound. This car has not been stored properly (was stored tarped up and was buried in snow during the winter). Nevertheless, Datsun 1200's are becoming increasingly hard to come by so this vehicle may be of interest as a parts car. The engine ran great right up to (& including) the time it was last started, in 1984. There are also many good trim parts, glass, lenses. etc. I cannot confirm which specific parts are good, however, as I'm travelling and not currently at the location of the vehicle.

I believe the engine has roughly 50,000 miles on it. In the early 1980's I put in a very low mile a15 engine from a nearly new Datsun 210 wreck. A 5 speed transmission was installed at the same time. The car was taken off the road in 1984 and has not been driven since. The drivetrain was in excellant condition at that time and should have many more miles left in it if it is properly brought back into service. Nevertheless, no warranty is expressed or implied

It was my experience that the A15 and 5 speed configuration gave me substantial gains in both performance and fuel economy, as in a 1200 chassis an a15 engine can pull fifth gear at a very low speed.

Posted on: 2008/7/3 3:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Red 1973 Coupe for sale, Rossland, BC Canada
Quite a regular
From Pakistan
Group:
Registered Users
hi,
Still do you hav this car?

Posted on: 2010/9/19 17:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.