Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Looong Term project...
Just popping in
From Chicagoer
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I am not new here but have very few posts. The project I am posting is an OLD SCCA car that has a log book older than me. I will post pics when it is back here in the gargae. I will be looking for some parts and help over the next year(how long I am giving myself) than I will have to get my license and see how it does on the track. It is a 1200 ?..I'll call it a coupe but I have seen so many different body iterations that I'm not sure which version it is. Post up if you want to see more and I will try to get it back sooner! Later...

See more pics next page!Open in new window

Posted on: 2008/9/5 16:44

Re: Looong Term project...
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Hi Chandler, would love to see pics of SCCA 1200.

In USA, there were two body styles for Datsun 1200:
Coupe (fastback)
Sedan (2-dr sedan, notchback style)

Posted on: 2008/9/5 18:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Auckland N.Z
Group:
Registered Users
I too would love to see some pics of your SCCA 1200...

Posted on: 2008/9/5 23:10

Just popping in
From Chicagoer
Group:
Registered Users
thanks for the response, I would guess that it is the the "Sedan then since it has a proper trunk, well...a proper piece of fiberglass. :) Who still maked fiberglass flares? It has mismatched flare/Box flares. Not full fendered but the type that bolts/rivets onto the top of the old fender. Pics later.

Posted on: 2008/9/8 2:08

Just popping in
From Chicagoer
Group:
Registered Users
Along the same lines, it appears to have a Z car rear axle, was that common? And as such the bolt pattern for the wheels will be 4x114 correct?

Posted on: 2008/9/8 2:13

Just popping in
From Chicagoer
Group:
Registered Users
OK, the car is a coupe rather than a sedan. It runs Z-brakes up front with Wilwood single puck discs in the rear. I'll be figuring out a better quickchange rearend for it than the one now in it. It was built for GT5, but with the recent demise of GT5 it went into long term storage. SCCA got it together and renamed it GTL(ight) so it will still have a home. I believe NASA has some spots for it although with it being a relatively low horsepower car I'll really have to tweak it. Pics soon...I swear.

Posted on: 2008/9/15 22:24

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to the forum Chandler. There will be more than just a few of us that are hanging out for some pictures, so click away as soon as you can.

The Zed-car [Zee-car?] front brakes are pretty much a US invention/modification as they were too rare & expensive to use on 1200's pretty much anywhere else in the world. We commonly used the brakes & even the front suspension from the larger four cylinder models.

The little Datsun A series engine is still used as a race engine & exotic components are becoming available for it still. Things like 'H' beam & billet 'I' beam rods are available now, even for street engines, when they didn't even exist before. Electronic ignition & a variety of EFI systems are now being raced too so theres life & even more power left in the the old girl yet.
I know that I'll be looking forward to seeing & learning about what powers your piece of automotive history.

As for the complete Zed-car IRS, ...... that seems to be a new one so some pictures of that will be a welcome thing too.

Bring it on.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 2:20

Just popping in
From Chicagoer
Group:
Registered Users
It does have a mostly stock A12 to fit in the rules although a Slover head from "NISMO" and webers coupled with a .047" overbore have conspired for decent power. It appears to have an adaptation of the complete Z-Car front suspension that is not so crafty as it might be. I should have it out of storage into my garage next week...

Posted on: 2008/9/17 2:37

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Perth WA
Group:
Registered Users
Im interested in the "z car rear axle" Chandler, I havent seen an independent rear end conversion to any type of "sunny", Im guessing this was done many years ago when the Z and 510/1600 or 180B were about the only non-euro cars around with IRS.
so yes some pics from underneath would be great.

Posted on: 2008/9/17 3:35

Just popping in
From Chicagoer
Group:
Registered Users
Well I finally emptied the garage enough so I'm heading over to the storage to load it up and drag it back here. Pics tonight or tomorrow. I d/checked and the rear is a solid axle...not sure why I thought it was independent but...

Posted on: 2008/10/13 22:37

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]