Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

120y engine info plz help
Quite a regular
From Rockhampton Central Queensland
Group:
Registered Users
hey guys i'm sure this info is already tucked away somewhere in this site but i have a 120y and am considering ca or sr. its an auto atm. wondering how much modification is needed for each motor and who makes mounts etc. i have already checked maddat but they dont have them yet. also what g.boxs fit with minimal mods. also how well do the h165's stand up or do i need to go shortened skyline thanks heaps.
ps any tips on brakes and suspension etc would be much appreciated.

Posted on: 2008/11/20 0:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 120y engine info plz help
Home away from home
From north brissy
Group:
Registered Users
fair bit of mods for both engines. its all been covered before, the h165 will stand up to about 5 seconds of hard driving from a ca or sr definently go the borgy or a hilux diff you wont regret it. brakes are simple kev rowley and maddat? makes a bracket to bolt s13 calipers and disks to the 120y struts, bigger master maybe needed. as for everything else you will need a full efi fuel system theres heaps of info on that around. the trans tunnel will need a bit of work wether you get to it with a hammer or weld in a larger one is up to you. then theres all the little things, wiring, fmic+piping, clamps hoses etc etc. if your good on the tools and handy with a welder most of this stuff wont be a problem

Posted on: 2008/11/20 1:43

Re: 120y engine info plz help
Quite a regular
From Rockhampton Central Queensland
Group:
Registered Users
yeah things like plumbing and wiring i'm not too worried about. the mounts and things like that i'd rather buy so i know that theyre made properly. i was just wondering if ca or sr was heaps easier or harder but sounds like they r both the same so i may as well go sr

Posted on: 2008/11/20 1:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]