Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
eBay Item 160331474182
Open in new window
Quote:
KLB110889914, 2,611 miles

You are bidding on a 1971 Datsun 1200 LB110/ Nissan Sunny. This car has sat since 1986 or so in a field. Its in pretty good shape considering. It has a rusted out back valance ( easily replaced with minor welding skills ) a hole the size of a candy bar in the drivers front floor board ( all the other floor boards are fine ) wich is common in these, rust on the under hood latch.

It has all the chrome in great condition except back bumper. All the emblems are great, the side lights are great, the grill is great except a small hairline crack that can be fixed. Dash is good, including the glove box---they rot, and it has all the trunk plastic in great shape. It was a vinal top car but someone took it off before I got it. No rust on the top.

This is the 3rd one Ive had in a year and I wanted to restore this one because its rare, but no time, space, or extra $$$. It has the original window sticker MSRP, owners manual, consumer info book, and a Clymer publications service/repair handbook. Even the title is old, tho not the original. It does have the original plates and local plate frame from a Nissan Dealer before they became a Nissan Dealer when they were just called imports.

This could be an easy restoration for the average guy, giving you a fun, gas saving classic import that wouldn t break your wallet. These go for crazy money on ebay if you find one that is all done or even a fairly decent driver. Engine will turn over, but not fire. My guess is plugs, etc....thats what it was on my other one. Of course you will want to rebuild this and start fresh. Or buy another motor? The miles state 02611 and I guess its obviously over, but not sure by how much.

What makes this special is I think it is a one owner or at least maybe two........only my guess, and not to be considered fact, considering the documentation, plates, and overall condition. Its all original, and not abused, just neglected. Just the parts alone go for serious $$$. So bid with confidence that you are getting a little import classic that needs some love for not a lot of $$$. These are very rare and hard to find--more so than a 510 or the Z's. Unless you go to Australia------

Sold "AS IS" no warranty, no refunds. I have the right to end auction early due to vehicle listed locally. $500 deposit to be paid at time of auction end. I can help arrange transportation. There are a couple of auto auctions that have delivery/pickup services. Contact me for anything I may have forgotten or if you want more pictures.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 7:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Red 1971 Coupe Portland, Oregon USA
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Bidding has ended for this item
US $315.00
Reserve not met

More pictures can be seen here: http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/TMGPHOTOS/ORANGE%201200/

Posted on: 2009/5/7 7:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]