Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

starting problem
Quite a regular
From Rockhampton Central Queensland
Group:
Registered Users
hey guys probably a stupid question to ask but i have just replaced the head gasket on my car and done a tune up and adjusted the plug gap and now the car wont start. i think the problem is just a coincidence but now there is fuel leaking from the back of the carby <looks like its coming from that little counter weight thing that opens the second throat?> and it keeps flooding at least one cylinder. i dont have a great deal of experience with carbies and was wondering if this was a common problem or will i have to pull the carby down and go exploring? any advise will be greatly apreciated
cheers, tommy

Posted on: 2009/7/26 4:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: starting problem
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
It is not a common problem with the stock Datsun carburetor, but is somewhat common with certain other brands. It may mean the fuel bowl is overflowing - you can see if this is so by viewing the bowl sight glass on the front of the carburetor.

If the fuel level is very high, the float valve is stuck.
Take a wrench and give the carburetor a sharp rap right on top where the fuel line attaches. It may unstick it.

It is most likely a coincidence unless when changing the head gasket you dropped the carburetor or knocked the carburetor against something.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 4:09

Re: starting problem
Quite a regular
From Rockhampton Central Queensland
Group:
Registered Users
ok yeah someone else reconnected the fuel line and said that the fitting moved a little bit maybe that has something to do with it i'll give the tap method a go because it does look like that barrel is flooding. cheers for the advice.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 4:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]