Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Carsales Scam
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisvegas, oz
Group:
Registered Users
Hi all long time no chat.

Ie been too busy to do any datto work as ive been renovating, but thats not why im writing. Ive listed my 2006 Liberty on carsales for 20,000, and had a guy yesterday send this email

Name: Robert Lucas
Town/Suburb: RIDGEWOOD
Postcode: 6030
Mobile Phone: 0419829064
Email: fzatm29fv2cakmiq@haveyougoneto.onlatedotcom1.info
Comments:Hello seller, is this car still available for sale? I'm interested in the immediate purchase.

I thought great a buyer so i replied and here is what he said

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buying it now forbirthday gift for Great Father and i am at sea at the moment as i am amarine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls makingand visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time tocheck this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really wantthe car to be a surprise for my father so i wont let him know anythingabout the car until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will bemore than happy with the car. I insisted on paypal because i don'thave access to my bank account online as i don't have internetbanking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/cattached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email addressand the price so i can make the payments asap for the car and pls ifyou don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go towww.paypal.com.au and get it set up, after you have set it up i willonly need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal soas to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come andpick the car up after i have made the payments...
Regards
Robert R Lucas

Wow this guy is great he wants to buy my car sight unseen......(i dont think so)
did a little research and as it seems hes been targeting carsales bike sales ect ect.

so people watch out

Posted on: 2009/12/23 23:37

Re: Carsales Scam
From Nyngan, nsw Australia
Group:
Registered Users
i had a scam like that with a XU1 torana in france, cut along storie short, i had to send the money oversea's so can get it off the docks.....or they will crush it on him

yeah right!!!

Posted on: 2009/12/24 0:08

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
yeah a lad from my work got targeted with the same scam
the buyer puts $2000 extra into ur account to pay the courier to pick it up,
however the buyer has acces to the money until the courier is payed and the seller has no acces to the cash untill the courier is payed, so you have to pay the courier out of your own cash and the the buyer withdrawls all the cash , so he is getting 2 grand off ya
scumbag, id be suprised if any one is silly enough to fall for it though

Posted on: 2009/12/24 2:12

Sunny’s were made to be drifted, it says so in the factory service manual: Service after every drift day and mountain tounge or 100,000km’s
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Mandurah, Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Been through a simular deal. We had our Focus listed for $9000 and got a enquiry which seemed genuine. They wanted to buy sight unseen, with paypal and me to deliver the car to freight depo. Checked their post code and they were from Tasmania.

Any way contacted car sales and were advised to stay clear of anyone trying to use paypal.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 2:27

Home away from home
From Gold Coast Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I had almost the exact same email the other day regarding my Sunny, but the dude said it was for his brother in law. It even said he was a marine engineer like in your one. I told him if he or his brother could come to my house and shake my hand they could buy it, but I wasn't going to sell it to him without him seeing the car.
I sent carsales all the email transactions and they said they were greatful as they can use it to catch where they are scamming from.
Mitchell

Posted on: 2009/12/24 4:10

Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
yeah i had the same deal when we were selling the missus' pink charade
i knew from the start it was a scam, but could convince her!!!
then i read on the carsales site itself the caution about scams to do with paypal.
in the end we took it to the cops, and they said it WASNT A SCAM????

Posted on: 2009/12/24 6:48

From Brisvegas, oz
Group:
Registered Users
its also funny because i rang paypal and they said there is no way they can scam me..... bullshi.t, they obviously get something otherwise they would do it. paypal just wanted there cut of 20000

Posted on: 2009/12/24 7:05

Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
well we emailed paypal to ask them what to do, just to make sure, we can't help out in anyway to rid the world of these PESTS,
and they said there is nothing they can do, and to cease contact with them and spread the word about it.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 7:13

From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
yeah full scam.
You know frank, I was just thinking the other day, I wonder what happened to frank the dolphin trainer? You used to post whore lots, (Even had all those turbo manifolds made up) and them were just gone.
Good to see you're still lurking.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 11:06

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Some idiot tried scamming me through Carsales.

Got a message from Anni Pilla wanting to buy my car (unseen) and wanted to go through PayPal.

Said she was a Marine engineer out at sea and is in a hurry to buy the car for her brother inlaw ASAP.

All sounded a bit weird!!

She wanted me to deposite $2000 to her merchant for the cost of shipping the car. She didn't have online bank access, and would put the money into my PayPal account as soon as i'd given her merchant the $2000.
Even used a fake Paypal templet (which looked legit) stating the money for the car was in my PayPal account "pending" until i pay the merchant.
It was pretty funny when i started to question "Anni" about it.
When i signed into my PayPal account there was no money in it... only when i used the PayPal link on Anni's emails could i see the money!!!
What a scammer lol
Beware.

Posted on: 2009/12/29 4:10

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.