Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Best Tyre Size
Home away from home
From Los Angeles,CA
Group:
Registered Users
The flares are made for the 1200. The rears may fit on other cars because the shape is fairly symmetrical, but the fronts will only fit the 1200. I got them from Classic Datsun Motorsport In Oceanside California (near San Diego). You can see the wear on the R888's in the lower picture. That's after a year of hard street driving with a lot of really fast canyon driving and one trackday. Toyo seems to have developed an amazing rubber compound, they wear really well. The RA1 Proxes is longer wearing than the R888 (I had a set of RA1's on my 510 for three years plus 4 trackdays and then put them on my 620 pickup for a year and there's still a 'tatoo' of the tread pattern showing! After sitting in the backyard for another year, they're still not getting hard.), but the R888 is gummier. Both tires however don't seem to heat cycle at all, they never get hard and stay sticky all the way down to the cords. The R888 is also available in more sizes. The 225/45 R13 size seems to be made for the 1200. At just over 20" in diameter, I don't know what else you'd put a tire that size on except for a small '70s Japanese car. I really can't say anything bad about either tire. Just keep in mind if you try the R888, that Toyo recommends a higher starting pressure, and slightly less negative camber due to the sidewall construction.

Posted on: 2010/10/25 16:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
From Malaysia
Group:
Registered Users
35psi n -2 or -3 camber setting?
Wat tire pressure n -ve camber u reco??

Posted on: 2010/10/25 16:51

Home away from home
From Los Angeles,CA
Group:
Registered Users
I'm running 35 psi and only -1 degree camber for the street, but my suspension is all spherical jointed, so it doesn't distort much under cornering.

Posted on: 2010/10/26 6:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.