Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: KB10 Junk.. NOS..
Not too shy to talk
From Ronse,Belgium
Group:
Registered Users
Wombat,if you are looking for 150 to 170BHP you should start worrying about your gearbox.What kind do you have,early or late?The early type (car with the small rear lights,you need to push the gear lever down to engage rear) will not last long if you have that kind of power and the torque of an A15 I am afraid.I kept breaking them (also a couple of driveshafts) years ago,when I only had a decent A12.Never broke the later type,and yet I then had a much better engine.There are some modifications inside that make it much stronger.You could also use the gearbox from an F10 if you had them in Australia,they can be placed in an E10.Regarding your carb problem I was using 45DCOE's with 30mm horns and had at least that left to the firewall (using the factory oval port manifold).Try moving your engine towards the front of the car and give it a little angle,that would help (I put a spacer each side of the rear silentblock for exemple).Ideally us Cherry owners should use electronic fuel injection with those nice 30mm long throttle bodies that are on the market now,that would give us more than enough space.But it is expensive......Bike carbs would be a cheaper option if you can get them to work properly.Personally I will keep my DCOE's and cut into the firewall so I can try the longer air horns.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 0:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Tasmania
Group:
Registered Users
I will stop posting in this topic(Beings its for KB10 junk NOS) I will start posting in the E10 race car topic.

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/v ... id=346994#forumpost346994

Posted on: 2010/11/22 3:19

Home away from home
From Tasmania
Group:
Registered Users
I have upgraded to the N10 gearbox and drive shafts plus am also using the N10 front suspension.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 0:28

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]