I am planning to restore my Dattoagain since it has got some corrosion etc and also not in very good condition in suspension brake wiring etc.
I can’t negotiate the time since I am able to work on weekends and week day’s nights and also I am going to do it myself and also depending on my financial situation(planning to take help from my dad if I get stuck in middle) I am not at all a good mechanic or paint guy. I am going to try it and see how it works.
I am Planning these kind works this time:-
1. Remove all the rust and repaint it with different color (at the moment it is avocado but I thinking of putting it original color which is most likely blue).
2. Repair the brake system with new drums and disks (front) and replace the brake washers liners and also to replace brake fluid piping system.
3. New set of shock absorber and replace the front steering column and rack end system and front ball joint, tie rod end etc etc.
4. Update wheels from 12 “to 13 “with 165/70 X 13 profiles to minimize Speedo meter reading errors
5. need to replace all door lock system and glass winders and also need front driving side new glass (since the
existing one is not much clear)
6. Take the behind axle and differential and oiling it repaint it with thick black and install back.
7. Changing of gear box fluid.
6. Repaint the radiator with black color and change cooling thermostat from 76 C- 82 C and also planning to put new set of hoses and clamps for cooling system.
7. Put up new wiring back specially engine room wiring which is not at all in order.
8. Putting up new upholstery and need to find a set of seat belts too.
You guys comments and suggestions are welcome, time to time I will update status and pictures if possible.
Any question occurs related will be posted on the same thread as for easiness and help.