Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: F%#@ droped valve? Merry christmas
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, that A12A motor is the late model A12 over here in OZ.

they are pretty common over here as they came in the B210 and 310 datsuns. as well as the
late model 1200 utes.

there you go.

Justin

Posted on: 2001/12/28 3:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

A12 - A12A
Home away from home
From Good Old Knockfull, Tennessee, USA
Group:
Registered Users
We only had the A12A in the 210 models. I am not sure the exact years they were sold here but I think only from 79 to 82. 82 was the last year that any A-series motors were sold here. 83s
were front wheel drives and Nissans. An A12 is not an A12A and please do not confuse me by calling an A12A an A12. Is the A12A a tall block like the A13, A14 and A15? I am assuming that it is
the taller block.

Linc
The Ford Probe is my brother's car not mine. I did just sell my Chevrolet truck and I will get MAreo Speedwagon VI on the road again this next week, it only needs to be a battery and cleaned
up. The driver's door glass got broken but I can change doors with the other car for now. It is wrecked on the left front and I will put it in the shop and get that pulled out enough to put a
new fender on. I haven't driven MS VI in three years now. It is the gas milage champ at 65 MPG and it will top out at 125 MPH. As soon as it gets a bit warmer, I am going to pull MS VII into
my garage and start welding up the floorboard on it and get it on the road also.

Mareo

Posted on: 2001/12/28 9:42

Wild fires
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
It isn't too often that we get news from Australia here but this morning on TV, they were telling about the wild fires in New South Wales that have burned over 150 houses. My heart
goes out to those displaced people and the wildlife that has been affected by the fires. I hope that none of you have been upset by the fires. It said that they were started by
arsonists. I could shoot some son of a bitch like that. We have had some major fires like that in the mountains here but very few houses were burned.

Mareo

Posted on: 2001/12/28 9:47

Re: A12 - A12A
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Mareo, according to the Nissan Comp catalog, the A-12A was available 2/78-1/82 in the B310 or 210. It goes on to say that it is the short deck but has an increased bore (75mm vs 73mm in the
A-12).

Everyone else, to help keep Mareo's confusion down, let's all refer to the A-12 as "the 73mm bore block with a short deck" and the A-12A as "the 75mm bore block with the short deck." No,
wait. That's confusing too. How about "the A-12 with the distributor at the front" vs "the A-12 with the distributor in the middle?" No, I don't like that either. How about we all get rid
of our A-12s altogether and run A-14s and A-15s. Or how about I quit giving Mareo a hard time and shut up? That seems to be the best course of action. Have a day all.
Tim

Posted on: 2001/12/28 10:31

Re: Wild fires
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Yes I Agree.

My house is not in trouble, I live in a leafy area, and could be affected if some of the fires aren't brought under control. I guess it's the downside of living in a warm dry climate. It's
always school-aged kids that start the fires, and we all have to rely on Volunteer firefighters to keep these fires under control. It's a good thing that the whole 'volunteer' thing works
so well here in Australia, otherwise much worse damage would occur.

Anyway, my 1200 is slowly getting there. Thought I should make a reference to it. I'm moving the handbrake back further, which involved major surgery, due to my overkill mig welding from
moving it the first time. Also filled up the heater hose holes in the firewall, as they now exit from the right side only.

Man!! I've gotta get it finished or I'm going to go crazy.

Chris.

Posted on: 2001/12/28 8:32

Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
At 12:00 on christmas day i was having lunch with family, and we were talking about how smokey it had become during the night (as there was fire about 20km away)... by 2:00 i was filling
the gutters with water, 2:30 we were putting spotfires out at my place, and not long after that my dad and i were across the road keeping fire off a neighbors place. Their garage went
up, but the house was ok.
It is hard to imagine what its like in a fire, but i think arsonists should be shown... forget human rights - if i see someone lighting a fire by a roadside, i WILL run them over, even
if driving my 1200.

i got that off my chest....Ahh.

Merry Xmas.

Linc

Posted on: 2001/12/28 11:31

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
mareo,

the A12 and A12A motors are both A12's. the "A12" is just the front mount dizzy and the "A12A" is the mid mount dizzy like the
A14 and 15.

we still call them both A12's coz they are A12's. otherwise we'd be calling A14's and 15's A14A and A15A wouldnt we. but we
dont

anyways.

Justin

Posted on: 2001/12/29 1:17

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
i happen to be one of those volunteer fire fighters working on those fires. some of them are real shit scary. 60-75 foot high flames racing towards you sorta kinda makes me jump
back in the truck and move to a different position to fight it.

we are having a hard time as headquarters are dickheads but we are doing our best to get it all under control. however the weather isnt going our way at the moment.

i've been at it since boxing day. 26th december. i'll be back into it again on sunday after my day off on saturday.

Justin

Posted on: 2001/12/29 1:27

Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
love your work...

Linc

Posted on: 2001/12/29 8:08

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
In all of my books, they list an A12 and then they list an A12A and they are as different from each other as the A12 is to the A15. An A12 is not an A12A. They have different CCs, piston
bore, rods, camshafts, distributor mounts, intake manifolds and probably a few other things. If it was an A12, the factory would have called it an A12, not an A12A. When someone tells me that
they have an A12, I assume that they have an A12, not an A12A just as I assume that they are not talking about an A15. Go buy a gasket set for an A12 and try to use it all on an A12A, it all
will not fit. I am sorry, but I just do not need the confusion of someone talking about one motor and in reality, it is another motor that someone is talking about. As far as I know, the only
A12A motors that I have seen were in the SCCA race cars last spring. I have seen a lot of A12 motors. If I get confused, just think how confused a young A12 1200 owner will be confused and
not ever know the difference. I try to be a purist when it comes to data, generalizations get people in trouble that can become very expensive to someone that can not afford it. Most of us
1200 owners are not rich or we would all be driving a 959 Porsche or an M1 BMW, be real.

Mareo

Posted on: 2001/12/29 12:31

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.