Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: another project bites the dust
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From mandurah
Group:
Registered Users
yea its a shame

im with chris ,look how many cars come through this site that have been bought ,the owner gets realy excited about it ,then after a few months its back in the classified section again ,most of the time the car has been gutted and then just never goes back together

sometimes i think i should just through a tarp over my coupe and sit it outside ,but then ,i think about how good its going to be drifting a 1200 with a ca and the thought of selling up or putting it outside goes away and i start working on it again

still when i took the paint off the bogged spots on my coupe i was thinking of just scrapping it

still got both my cars and im sure i earn less than most people on the forum ,still i havent given up

when i do give up ,someone please shoot me

Posted on: 2011/3/24 16:11
fairly aggro cam ,billet rocker spacers
twin 40mm solex carbs on bpro manifold
MSD 6al2 with 2 step limiter
4speed 60a box
hd clutch
2 inch exhaust
locked 4:11 ute diff
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Seattle ,WA.
Group:
Registered Users
its so easy to get distracted & disillusioned in the process, I certainly have but I'm stubborn & will be more disappointed in myself then the project if I dont complete it. I've been f..in around with my coupe for 3 1/2 - 4 years, bought it in 05, yeah I'm ready to get in on the road - its all about available time.

As carps said, hopefully it'll excite someone else & they'll pick up the ball & finish it, it could be a pretty cool project when finished.

Posted on: 2011/3/24 16:18

From Darwin NT
Group:
Registered Users
Chris things happen, work changes life changes and also getting into it and not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel when restoring these it can be lengthy and hard. that's what happened with mine I started got all the parts and everything ready to go then work changed (joined the defense force) and at the moment I still have no time after 18months of work, lucky I have the luxury of storing them and at one point I did look into selling everything, because it was easier

Posted on: 2011/3/24 20:46

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
My wife cured me of too many projects..."You have one shed, when it is full you are done!". So my latest long-termer is a KE30 2 door (auto) in original mint condition, which is going to be my daily. It forces me to finish my ute, then it can trade places in the shed and get the full bare metal project treatment.

Hmmm, by this logic I will then get another project car as a daily because my ute will never be a daily proposition. Bugger, well at least I have a few years to figure it out.

Frankly, after going through many different forums to figure out my next project I can safely say that Datsun owners are a unique bunch that tend to have more than one project. Across many other forums we are known to be resourceful, knowledgeable and a little crazy (probably from spending money on cars that depreciate).

Good luck to all with a project no matter how long it takes, time just adds to the story you can tell about it when it is done.

Posted on: 2011/3/24 23:01

From Armidale N.S.W
Group:
Registered Users
Well said good to see you have the beast in your avatar now. We also have a ke30 in the 4 door very tidy original paint, among 2 (ish) datto projects.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 2:25

From Rosewood, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
haha Jesse u dont have kids

Posted on: 2011/3/25 4:28

From Gold Coast
Group:
Registered Users
I think we are all guilty of not finishing a project in the past! I know I sure am lol. I've had 3 1200 utes that I have vowed to build into the ultimate street car, for different reasons they all didn't happen. I'm in the position now where I moved in with the old man for a year to save for a house haha! Needless to say the datsun bug hit again and I started the sedan, 8 months and nearly $20k later (all saved!) it's almost done... Not everyone can do that so I'm lucky.

In the coming months my gf and I are looking to rent for a couple of years to save for a house deposit. If I didn't build my car I would have one already, but then I prob couldn't afford to build one after.

When my sedan is done I'll be looking for another shell to build into a dedicated strip car, full tubs, full cage etc. I'll take my time with that one and distribute my cash more appropriately lol.

I've been told the last few days "why don't you sell your datsun for a house deposit?" ... My answer... Hell no!!! This one isn't leaving my side, and I've already been offered stupid amounts for the car once completed.. But that's for another story

Posted on: 2011/3/25 5:05

Home away from home
From Newcastle nsw
Group:
Registered Users
Good to see im not the only one with heaps of projects on the go. Unfortunatly for my red coupe, its days in my garage are limited, but this is due to the major rust factor and is only going to make way for my fresh coupe shell :)
As for projects, my ls1 powered mitsubishi work van is a constant project, im 98% finished my camper trailer, im about to start all the tube work for my 4wd, i just pulled the barrel of my dirt bike due to destroying a piston, and have 2 cars i just repaired (auction roughies) to flog off. my house looks more and more like a used car lot every week!!

Posted on: 2011/3/25 6:09

From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
I have had my coupe for nearly 20 years now and it's still not finished, it just keeps evolving.......

Posted on: 2011/3/25 7:58

-----------------------------------------
1971 B110 Sedan GX Spec
1970 KB110 Coupe Track Car
1970 KB10 Coupe
-----------------------------------------
S13 caliper b...

From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
Bloody oath. The day you see me sell a Datsun, I'll be a dead man

Nah, I've sold one in the past. Lets hope sunnboy has a change circumstances and keeps this coupe, would be good to see it all done up with those lights.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 8:03

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.