Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 »

Re: Osama!!!
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like WA is producing some immoral & backward people, is it really to do with the sand?

I'm surprised actually, didn't realise you lot had such a strong redneck agenda.

Glad you guys are all the way over there and I'm just as glad to know you are a minority.

Posted on: 2011/5/4 22:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Coondle, WA Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hit the nail on the head there Revhead.
But to split hairs, to be the devils advocate...
The word aborigine - basically means someone/something native to a given area.

From Dictionary.com
noun
1. one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
2. ( initial capital letter ) Also, Aboriginal. Also called Australian Aborigine. a member of the dark-skinned people who were the earliest inhabitants of australia.
3. aborigines, the original, native fauna or flora of a region.

Even the ethnic group Australians call Aborigine are migrants, but they are currently considered the earliset humanoid species to settle in Australia.
There is research that suggests that the South America Aboriginies (Incas) migrated through Australia to get to South America long before the Aboridines setteled here.
Its all relative.

Quote:

But seriously, I work with a couple of Muslims. Great blokes that have a laugh and take the piss while still remaining loyal to their faith,and you know what, not one of them launched a jihad on me. Even after all the #OOPS# I give them about their cars being bombs.

And not one Muslim has ever knocked on my front door and tried to force their faith onto me. Not like the Mormens, Jehovah's witnesses, christians, Catholics, seven day aventists and scientoligists.

I don't hate Muslims. I'm not racist. I believe in giving everyone a fair go. And I am of the belief that racism is a 'two step backwards' approach to our multi cultural society. After all, if your not an Aboriginal then you're a migrant, weather it be first or tenth generation.

Like plenty of people I work with with a fella who identifies himself as Muslim. Hec he even cooked our weekly sunday BBQ for us!! Pork, non-halal meat and all, and didnt blink an eye. I didnt even know that he considered himeself as Muslim until someone told me. Thats how little he pushes his belief system, unlike the JWs that live in our area and constantly drop by to "spread the word".

Im with you on the backwards thing about racism Revhead.
Acceptance, not tolerance is the only way forward.

Lest just call anyone who calls Australia home, Australian and be done with it.

Quote:
I'm surprised actually, didn't realise you lot had such a strong redneck agenda.

I own several guns, own a largish v8 4wd ute, live in a rural community, despise city traffic, and listen the two types of music in this world (County AND western!!) Does that make me a redneck?
Oh and i grew up on a farm that was nothing but costal plain sand...
#OOPS# I guess that does make me a redneck. better change my attitudes to something a little more christian then.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 0:03
(http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php...

From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
My comments were directed at your fellow WA members that so proudly proclaim themselves as racists and speak of any other or all other races in a derogative manner. If you so feel the burning desire to proclaim yourself a redneck without having expressed any of those opinions in this thread therefore not having anything to do with my comment, then so be it, label yourself a redneck.

Since those guys love to use such vast and inconsistent blanket generalisations, I too thought the generalisation of WA was only in order of the context of the conversation. After all, if you generalise immigrants you generalise me along with all the other international members on the forum.

So I generalise you.

Redneck or not, there are a high number (going by the responses of the WA members) of ill-mannered and poorly informed people from your state.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 1:32

Home away from home
From ACT
Group:
Registered Users
On the racist topic, this news story made me sick, its about a group of kids targeting Indians and going out "Punji Hunting".

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/pun ... 03-1e5sh.html?from=age_sb

Oh but of course the kid is sorry he got caught and he's surely not a racist.... Blame it on the fact he dropped out of school and peer pressure /meh

This is the behaviour that the "redneck" ideology of "Fuck off We're Full" leads to, and Nazi Germany showed us where it can end up.

Think about it.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 2:03

From Albany, Perth Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Geez you guys need to settle down.....I am no racist that's for sure just a stirrer. I work with heaps of different races and religions. I realtime don't care who or what you are....if you act like an ahole you will be treated like one. I recon if you come here willing to work by all means come but if you come here to bum off the government get out of here we don't need more useless people here we have enough here. So don't call people racist if you yourself don't know us personally

Posted on: 2011/5/5 3:15

From perth airport
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Like plenty of people I work with with a fella who identifies himself as Muslim. Hec he even cooked our weekly sunday BBQ for us!! Pork, non-halal meat and all, and didnt blink an eye. I didnt even know that he considered himeself as Muslim until someone told me. Thats how little he pushes his belief system, unlike the JWs that live in our area and constantly drop by to "spread the word".

Im with you on the backwards thing about racism Revhead.
Acceptance, not tolerance is the only way forward.

Lest just call anyone who calls Australia home, Australian and be done with it.

that means he is not muslim dude ^^^ and that very rare to get them bending the rules good on him

Posted on: 2011/5/5 3:39

Home away from home
From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
This is all too deep for a simple country boy, way too deep-

New drink called the Bin Laden ................. 2 shots and a splash of salt water

‘I bet Bin Laden regrets allowing his iPhone app to “use his current location”.

“This is good news for the other guys on the top 10 wanted list — finally they get to move up in the rankings.”

Q: “What color were Osama’s eyes?” A: “Blue. One blew this way, one blew that way.”

"There's already been some trouble for Osama bin Laden in the afterlife. There was a mix up and he was greeted by 72 vegans."

"Osama bin Laden is dead, which means the No. 1 threat to America is now the KFC Double Down."

"Mrs. Bin Laden just updated her Facebook status to single."

That's a good sample!

Posted on: 2011/5/5 3:47
1977 Datsun 1200 Ute A14 (Fergus)
2012 VW Passat TDI Wagon

From Melbourne Vic
Group:
Registered Users
"There's already been some trouble for Osama bin Laden in the afterlife. There was a mix up and he was greeted by 72 vegans."

that is hilarious! i love that sort of humour. I saw a beatles t shirt at a concert that said "all we are saying, is give quiche a chance" haha

im with chris, you cant come out and claim you hate muslims and then be offended at being called a redneck! funny thing is how many people actually know a muslim person and are effected in a negative way by their behaviour? hatred for difference, ignorance and intolerance fuel racism in australia. I could understand racism between countries where there is civil war etc but stupid nationalist pride (bloody southern cross tattoos and aussie flags) is racism for no apparent reason.

maybe we should turn this thread into good osama jokes...

on a side note, australia has the oldest indigenous people in the world! we didnt do them too many favours tho

Posted on: 2011/5/5 4:12

From Coondle, WA Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

If you so feel the burning desire to proclaim yourself a redneck without having expressed any of those opinions in this thread therefore not having anything to do with my comment, then so be it, label yourself a redneck.

As is always the case with internet forums, the inflection and body language on which 70-80% of communication relies upon leads us astray. Im as guilty as anyone, as my comments were not clear enough in their delivery, and allowed you to misunderstand. The responsibilty for the misunderstanding lies with me. My apologies.

My intentions were not to label myself, but to highlight that sterotypes hold little value, and that we all need look beyond face value. I hope that my explanation helps to smooth that over.

You are correct in saying the using generalisations/ stereotypes leads to all sorts of grief, and I too make efforts to ensure that my generalisations are apropriate, but can, like all people make incorrect decisions. On the flip side, i also make efforts to ensure that I remain introspective in my thoughts and decsions.

Quote:
This is all too deep for a simple country boy, way too deep-

i suppose this was pointed at me? ill take that as a compliment....

Posted on: 2011/5/5 5:08
(http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php...

Not too shy to talk
From Spartanburg, SC
Group:
Registered Users
As an american i am personally disgusted by the mindless nationalism and celebration in the streets to OBL's death. I do see how how it could bring a sense of justice to those who had friends and family killed on 9/11, but in no way will this bring them back. Was Osama an evil person who did horrible things and started a terrible organization based on hate? Yea, but just like in any government type system, there is always a successor that has been trained to take their place if they should die. Someone else will rise as the new leader of al qaeda with something to prove. I find it very unfortunate that, due to his actions and others, my nation and others have turned their hatred toward a whole race and religion. I have few friends who are Muslim and they are disgusted by what these radical extremist are doing, Muhammad preached peace and love for all man kind and obedience to God's law...oddly enough, suicide is actually considered an "impardonable sin" which is basically a go straight to hell card, so not sure how the terrorists missed that one..

anyways, im gonna stop ranting and try and get things back on track:

"Osama bin Laden was apparently shot twice in the face. It looks like Dick Cheney may have been involved."

"Man, I would NOT want to be 72 virgins right now."

http://chzdailywhat.files.wordpress.c ... 29d-ad13-8306596554a6.gif

Posted on: 2011/5/5 5:13

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.