Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fanta question
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Does the Fanta down there use real sugar or is it sweetened with corn syrup like here in the states? I think that might be why my engine got so gummed up when trying to
duplicate your setup. I tried diet Tang but it didn't work well either. Has anyone tried anything other than orange flavored drink injection with any success?

Posted on: 2002/1/2 4:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fanta question
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Coke injection is good for cleaning the chrome tip on your exhaust. But unfortunately it has been banned in many countries for it's promotion of intraveneous drug use. So I
suggest using Red Bull injection. I hear it 'gives you wings' so it can't be all that bad for a worked engine. Don't use Red Bull injection on cars with catalytic convertors, for
obvious reasons.

Chris

Posted on: 2002/1/3 2:34

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
i tried bbb berocca and it gave me back my bb bounce. I then found i had to replace my struts and find new
leaves for the back.
I heard that gatorade puts back what you put in.
The ute takes my money but still i havent got any back.
Mountain dew is my brew.

Posted on: 2002/1/4 3:51

Home away from home
From UK
Group:
Registered Users
I can actually vouch for the excellent cooling properties of orange juice. I was once driving down the motorway (or freeway) in my old Austin A40 (now deceased) when it overheated and
dumped all it's water. As I was forty miles from the next services I used what I had...a litre of orange drink (the type you dilute with water). Although it was only a litre it kept it
cool for forty miles at 80mph and had the bonus of smelling nice when it did finally overheat again (no I'm not making it up!)

I expect Fanta's superior quality and a full cooling system would work out very well.

Eddie

Posted on: 2002/1/4 9:23

Home away from home
From New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
ok clearing up a few myths about fanta injection in the A series engine, i belive i do not know about the corn syrup question, but i belive your problem stems from not enought O2, fanta is
used to increase the energy content of your current fuel as well as cool things down in there, so to effectivly utilise the fantas properties go it hard by adding a dummy/decoy carb next
to your current carb(s) and on the carb place a red arrow pointing at the real carb(s) this will effectivly trick the air into thinking there is another way into the engine, when it sees
the arrow it will realise it has to compress itself into the real intakes, sometimes depending on barometric pressures this can be compressing by up to 1.0bar which is all good in my
books. now the fanta must be added in extreamly precise ammounts, never exceed the 100ml-6000ml per 2kgs of air. so work it out and its all good! best of luck.
choice from chris.

Posted on: 2002/1/6 3:29

From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I guess pouring the Fanta straight into the crankcase was the wrong thing to do then? Should I fill the windscreen washer with the magic fluid and direct the nozzle into the top of the
carb? My NAPS Z20 engine has two sprk plugs per cylinder, should I try some kind of direct injection of the Fanta? Will the other flavors have better or worse results? Can I post an
entire message composed of only questions? Looks like I can. Oh damn, screwed that up! I'm going to bed.

Posted on: 2002/1/7 12:18

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]