Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Re: New Poll: Which engine do you plan to use?
Just can't stay away
From vancouver, wa. usa
Group:
Registered Users
I have a rotory b210, its ben thru alot, but its almost back on the road( broke the trans output shaft) it didnt take much to get it in, but I soon found out many of the datsun parts just couldnt hang on.
Jad to get bigger fuel lines, then they had to be moved after I started vaporlocking.
Rear end blew twice, had to narrow a gslse rear, shoulda had a shop doit, couse it went out , ended up with a stock welded rear back in it for now.
It ran hot untill I made a good shroud and got an elecric fan, and wrapped the header, ended up getting,a 13b waterpump
great choice I cant wait to get back in that thing.

My 710, well im on the fence(couse it runs so good) but im leaning towards a 12 valve ka, looks good decent power, and its verry very well documented. Probly the most srraight foward swap.

Damn I cant vote, maybe couse im new " you cannot participate" sooo f it you get my .02 any hoo

Posted on: 2011/11/21 12:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
I couldnt vote either, voting time period expired, I've been looking at the White Zombie solution, I must say that the Jaguar C-X75 solution for a Datsun sedan/coupe would be awesome, we'ld only need one turbine, one dc motor, and enough batteries to act as a ballast, which wouldnt be much as the vehicle doesnt weigh the same.

Unless you know someone that knows how to make a permanent magnetic motor, but you'ld still have to get an engineered electric conversion registered and then put in the PM motor, and it'll be a manual power-glide, fast and faster.

Posted on: 2012/3/24 5:57

Home away from home
From melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Well if were going to talk along them lines... My mate "The Coyote" said I could use his acc at the Acme Company. Just add water and prest'o instant V8 killer... Beep Beep

Attach file:

jpg  WileECoyote.jpg (47.63 KB)
14887_4f6d863228cd3.jpg 400X320 px

Posted on: 2012/3/24 8:25

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
If you want power just go ca18 you'll spend 5g on a a series as still get eaten by a stock pulsar as much as I Love the a series there not worth pouring money into

Posted on: 2012/3/24 22:45

Home away from home
From Wanneroo, Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Old thread revival!

DD your engine photo just made me pull out my old Bill Cosby records and listen to "Fat Albert's Car".

Posted on: 2012/6/22 15:29

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
12a rota POWER

Posted on: 2012/9/4 4:09

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
well here is s/thing i'd like to do.Uno turbo [1400] motor in the front of a 1200 datsun. if only i can figure out how to do the set-up. I want engine in front but rwd. I know there is an awd uno running around but what they used is a mystery. this will be a great set-up --approx 200kg lighter and the engine is bullet proof [now has 400000k's]short distance it gives a M3 a hard time at more or less standard.motor just needs a refresh & a 1200 body and it's a for away.SOOoo it's awd gearbox or a damn box which turns in opposite direction LOL.Unless one of the bright sparks can come up with a better idea

Posted on: 2012/10/12 18:59

Just can't stay away
From south australia
Group:
Registered Users
i was toying with the idea for a toyota gt4 3sgte conversion on my datto. but finding a rwd gearbox proved to be very dificult and expensive. plus the dizzy is on the back of the motor so mounting woulda moved the weight foward from the firewall. So im running a A15 much easier and looks more suited in the engine bay than a newer motor.

Posted on: 2012/10/13 0:34

Home away from home
From Adelaide. SA
Group:
Registered Users
12A bridge port EFI (datsun 1000)

Posted on: 2012/10/13 2:10

"Live life, follow your dreams",
Peter Brock

Home away from home
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Gearbox is easy been there done that a RWD converted 3SGTE into a KE70,Crank trigger waste spark ignition,Custom inlet manifold similar to a four into one extractor but adapted for the inlet side and sized appropriatly.

Gearbox Toyota Misfire four Corona used a bellhousing that bolts up then add a 2 litre celica or Supra box to the mix.
Missfire four was that model they fitted the Holden Red motor variant the XU 2/3 engine to.

Sydney Toyota car club president of some years back had the car.

Also fitted into 1200's Z18 Turbo Marrone one in Fast Fours years back for a mate Wayne Selby,Massive job Bluebird turbo firewall and transmission tunnel,Full VDO custom dash Bluebird rear disks 240K fronts on Stanza Armstrong struts (The Grey ones for Aussie Stanzas used a 240 K size stub axle much stronger than the jap stanza struts.

Clutch master cylinder used a Formula Ford type mounted on top of the Steering column support under the dash with a remote reservoir in the engine bay on the firewall,This allowed room for a Sunny B310 Booster to be fitted.

Koni rear shocks for a Volkswagon passat station wagon fitted perfectly at the rear to upgrade the back dampers.

Also fitted a 4AGE with custom Extractors self made and Sand Bent to both a 1200 Ute and a KE30 Corrola Coupe,these are a good engine in a 1200.

CA18 as well to a 1200 but make sure even if you plan on using it normally aspirated base it on the Turbo CA18 as it is a much stronger bottom end,Hooking up the Tacho is a pain to these Coil on Plug Engines and something to be very carefull about,Best to adapt all the CA system to the car rather than just try to wire it into 1200 wiring harness.
When measuring for a tacho hookup I found the Ignition Module for the CA engines has 230 Volts and 10 Amps on the low tension side of the ignition circuit,That is the same s playing with a 240 Volt powerpoint in your home,Beware!!!.

Posted on: 2013/1/6 0:16

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.