Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

drive line options
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Having trouble deciding on driveline. Plans are e15et into 1000 ute. Already have the motor and started spending some time so theres no changing that.
I've decided to go with the dellows conversion with toyota 5 speed but havent bought it yet so thats not in stone.
I'm unsure about the axle though. Im thinking the H165 axle might be the go with r31 brakes. I am aware that its wider but I will deal with that later.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/12/17 22:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: drive line options
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
If you want to put a LSD into it I would probably steer away from the H165. Topgear does make some LSD's to suit and has a few left at the moment and when he makes a batch it takes a fair while as he does it in his spare time. Also think of how much the overall conversion will cost you. To shorten a H165 you will not get much change from $1500, plus a LSD to that at $1100 plus labout to set it up and the price can add up very quickly. You can just fit a H150 to get you out of trouble and see how you go, it might last, or not. Personally I'd set up the E15 budget style, maybe a 60 series 4 speed with the origional tailshaft and diff and go from there. You can fit R31 brakes to the standard thou housing and also bluebird TRX brakes which have a handbrake shoe arangememt that simplify the handbrake cable setup. Also the calipers are easy to rebuild as they are almost the same as Stanza front girlocks. But if cash isn't a problem then go balls out.

Posted on: 2011/12/18 1:53

Re: drive line options
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I was thinking of going budget style originaly. However, I dont want to finish the ute then realise toyota box is the way to go and then have it not fit in the standard trans tunnel. Does anybody know for sure if the toyota 5 speed fit in an original 1000 tunnel? I'm in the process of replacing the floor so now is the time to do the tunnel if I'm going to.

Posted on: 2011/12/18 3:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]