Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Clutch issue/ throw out bearing
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
Just installed a new clutch in front of the celica 5 speed. I sent the flywheel, old 180mm clutch + pressure plate and carrier with the throwout bearing to the clutch shop to be redrilled to suit a full toyota 200mm unit. It came back to me with a new throwout bearing which I was suprised to see was the same as the old one to suit the smaller clutch. Also installed a new spigot bearing from dellow. I also measured the heights and the new p/plate is the same height as the old.

Anyway, for the last 300kms the clucth has felt great. All of a sudden the pedal became slighty stiffer and you can hear a little whirr with the clutch engaged. No vibration and the clutch still engages/disengages fine, albeit stiff, but certaily doesn't feel right. Turn the engine off and the pedal goes back to feeling completely normal.

Any ideas guys? Possibly incorrect throwout, all though first 300kms were 100% normal or could the spigot be binding slightly?

Posted on: 2012/3/18 10:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Clutch issue/ throw out bearing
Home away from home
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Did u grease the throw out bearing and a little bit of grease on the input shaft? And was the surface smooth and clean? Is it adjusted properly? Are u running a clutch cable or hydraulic?

Posted on: 2012/3/18 23:18

From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
Greased. Brand new everything + machined and definitely adjusted properly.

Posted on: 2012/3/23 7:52

From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
Pulled it all back out again today expecting to find something obvious, but no, all looks good. Throwout bearing feels good. Spigot is good and the wear on the pressure plate fingers shows no signs of rubbing.

Anyone got anymore ideas? Im going to call the clutch place tomorrow to see if they have experienced this before. Possible faulty pressure plate? Im at a loss.

Posted on: 2012/3/25 7:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]