Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Dep's Sr20DET Sunny Pickup
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
I love the intercooler. Not some bling part mounted on the front, just one that works well and doesn't draw attention.

Have you considered a Mira front air dam?

Posted on: 2012/7/2 9:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
you know honestly. i did like the idea that the intercooler was hidden. but, its on the inside of the wheel well, and its not a track only vehicle so i fear damage from rocks. where i live the roads are sometimes dirt so i think it could be a problem. right now it looks pretty bad because the IC piping are visible under the front. i suppose if i had the spoiler it would hide it and look better, but really i do not want the IC mounted so close to the tire for a daily driver.

mira air damns, thats what i needed to know, haha. yea i was considering something to that effect. id like to convert to the older round headlights and grille also. one step at a time i suppose.

thanks for the tip on the air dams, i am going to start browsing a bit more now and gather ideas

Posted on: 2012/7/2 11:45

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
No worries, rocks are mostly thrown to the rear. You can fit a mesh between the IC and the tire.

Posted on: 2012/7/2 18:27

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
yea that is true, i considered just putting up a protector.
another small issue with it being there however was that it rubbed a bit on the wheel, so that had to push it forward, only they did not have enough room. they actually had to bend and push part of the front clip out so the IC would clear the tire. when the fender is mounted again you will def be able to see how the fender does not meet up with the front piece they pushed out, haha!

so we will just see, if i save $ by not having to invest in a new IC set up that is a win in my book

Posted on: 2012/7/3 2:58

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
still no pics, so sorry. lame i know.
truck was supposed to be at a point now where i would be using it as my daily driver. however during my 2 trip back home my uncle was able to source some parts for the rear end.
LSD and disc brake conversion. new dive shaft made as a single piece too.

mb this post is to help me endure the waiting process. i am in a foreign country and have decided it best to let others handle the bulk of the work and fabrication for this project. headache, yes yes yes. but over all i think it comes out better than having to basically purchase all the tools required for a large job like this.

still, it will be the fasted sunny pickup in the philippines, haha!

Posted on: 2012/8/3 5:48

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.