Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 60-series 4-speed plus other 120Y bits into 1200, how?
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
The Defect is a legend ... keep the series going!

Open in new window

Posted on: 2015/6/2 11:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Quairading, Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
rebuild I have Planned for TD3 includes rust repair, fixing the damage what dad picking it up with the front end loader (drip rails got pushed up in front and in behind of the B pillar) and getting it roadworthy, could probably find a better shell to do it to, but it's a 60,025 KM shell (the original odo is stuck at 60,025 Kilometres, and the steering box still has the paper bit on it... also brought it back from a stripped out shell so sentimentally attached to it...

umming and aahing about setting the front end up as per B-210 ie 180B style front suspension, or stanza... but TD3 has reconned (Aussie spec PBR brakes on it... which the Original defect should have had but it had Jap spec struts on it...

hoping bluebird steelies setup with neutral offset should clear the struts AND the guards have bluebird steelies in standard offset and they fit but don't allow the wheels to turn... after it's still got an A12 in it not anything... lunatical... just need to find rims that allow tyres theat I can get new.... one tyre I had was an '82, the other was a '77 manufacture.... and 12" rims on the front and 14" on the back is probably a bit too big a rake for legalities in Western Australia... hehe

funny thing is drive line WAS intentionally beefed up for a nice A15, but the a12 it has in it works nicelyjust need to find a way of getting better tyres on the front as 12" rims are unobtanium in Western Australia now, and once you have 14" rims on a 120Y/B-210 it's Datsun Sunny Excellent roots become VERY obvious!

Posted on: 2015/6/2 11:44

Home away from home
From Quairading, Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
update on TD3 redid the panel gaps on the two back doors, panel gaps are much better and due to getting pliers oput on the drip rails, apart from a dolly and a slide hammer, car is a LOT better than I'd remembered... NO need for a roof skin change, miniml rust behind the back wheels, I *DO* deed to redo the boot floor (debating having the spare tyre well reinstated or going for a flat boot floor...

hell even thought I was up for 2 guards, but I can deal with a repro LHF and a patch panel on the RHF one, bonnet has a rather large rust hole at the right front of it though...

plan is to go tho that dark green metallic as seen on VE holden commodores...

after that.. getting it REGISTERED!

Posted on: 2016/4/28 11:55

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.