Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 2012 Datsun Day @ The Prospect Hotel. Sunday 4th Nov from 9am
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know who owns the green 1200 with the L series engine? I wanted to ask what the radiator he had was out of, as it had an unusual filler pipe. I want to try something similar with my Sunny, mounting the radiator to the front of the radiator support panel. This is so I can get an engine fan, electric or bolt-on, between the radiator & the engine. I think the Sunny panelvan with the FJ20 had it's radiator in front of the panel. I just don't want to put the fan in front of the radiator , as I've seen this severely restrict airflow to the radiator, with overheating not far behind. Nice lot of cars there, saw a Sunny Wagon with a CA18 turbo parked in the 1600's, plus a 1000 ute that was leaving just as I got there at 11 am. I was surprised how hot it got, should have brought a hat, but made do with some drinks from the bar.Who won the SR20 they were raffling? The owner of the 1200 coupe with the throttle bodied SR20 was going on about how he was going to blow it up, maybe he was counting on winning the one in the raffle. Hopefully next year I might have something worth showing, Sunny coupe with an L20B, Sunny sedan with an L18W out to 2 litres with a KA24E head,maybe just clean up the Sunny wagon with the stock A15 & the 3.7:1 diff. Probably none of these.

Posted on: 2012/11/8 8:46
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
could someone post the results of the judging please, I had to leave early and couldn't attend the presentation.
Cheers

Posted on: 2012/11/9 0:55

Guest_
Nathan the sr20 hater... He's too cool for 1200.com he had to delete his build thread cause we didn't comment enough lol.

At least he showed must have his licence back now too.

Posted on: 2012/11/9 8:00

Guest_
As for rad in front of rad support apart for fan clearance you risk damaging it in A .prang a lot easier.

Get a twin core and with elec fan won't overheat in traffic. My stock s13 single core was fine except in traffic over 30 degs days. Never boiled over but I. Like it over 95deg c. Never went over 100 with only a 10inch fan on front but I got a 3 core off here a good price. If any thing its over kill except in 30deg days

Posted on: 2012/11/9 8:06

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
wow, Man looked like a great day. Have to wait until next year when my cars finished. Thanks for postings pictures

Posted on: 2012/11/9 9:18

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.