Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Celica 5 speed
Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
hi - can someone who has used a celica 5 speed with an a series give me info on fitting it (with a dellow kit), whether the shifters line up, and what sort of ratios they have, and what you do about the speedo cable.

cheers, Linc.

<small>[ Edited by lump_a_charcoal on 2002/5/26 20:48:08 ]</small>

Posted on: 2002/5/26 10:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Celica 5 speed
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
You'll have to ask ca18detman (Andrew) about that one. He did it, himself, and I'm sure he's got the lowdown on what's required.

Chris.

Posted on: 2002/5/27 8:22

Re: Celica 5 speed
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Mudgee NSW Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hi linc the toyota box is a great box a lot closer and more even spacing than the datsun 5 speed (unless you can afford and option box) with the dellow kit all you have to do is unbolt the front bellhousing and bolt on the new dellow adapter bellhousing change the clutch and spigot bush. the gear shift is back a little further than the standard datsun box around 30-40mm from memory. the speedo cable fits up no problems you will have to remove the standard datsun gearbox mounting plates (humps out of the tunnel with bolt holes)and manufacture a new crossmember I used some 50x6mm flat plate and drilled holes in the appropriate spots and made sandwich plates for inside so the bolts dont pull through. A new tailshaft will also have to be made other than this I cant think of anymore work. The kit comes with most the bits and instructions so for anyone with a bit of mechanical knowledge shouldnt have to many troubles.
cheers Andrew

Posted on: 2002/5/27 9:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.