Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

whats the best smart phone?
Home away from home
From Adelaide. SA
Group:
Registered Users
Well my contract is up and my trusty Nokia is about to get upgraded. what is the best smart phone to get? I do a fairbit of online stuff with my business and hae heard mixed reports about different phones. whats your experiences???

Cheers.
Adam.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 21:19

"Live life, follow your dreams",
Peter Brock
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: whats the best smart phone?
Guest_
No phones are smart it's the people who use them that are dumb

If you want easy, apple I phone. Personally I had a 3gs and tried a 4s, never liked them but even.kids can operate them. The phone is ok but locked into i tunes sucks.
A lot of the apps charge but on Android they are free!

I swapped to a Samsung galaxy s2 as my I phone screen died 2 weeks out if warranty and they refused to fix. Became in responsive and was going to cost $200 to swap to a 2nd hand phone. No way.

The s2 is Miles ahead of the 4 but the s3 is better than the I phone 5 imho.
You will find you need to charge IT daily.

Android is but trickier to get used to than I phone but once you do, it's Miles ahead in drop and drag functionality with windows or Mac. Good for files and music.

Also the s2 battery us replaceable, I phones are not.

My 2cents,

Posted on: 2013/1/24 21:51

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Galaxy S3 is the best selling phone. It's awesome, get the 4G version for sure.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 21:57

Home away from home
From Adelaide. SA
Group:
Registered Users
My missus is trying to talk me into an I phone but by all accounts thats not the way to go by the sounds of it.
Cheers.
Adam.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 22:07

Edited by gx1200 on 2013/1/26 10:30:47

"Live life, follow your dreams",
Peter Brock

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
The iPhone 5 is a great phone if you like a smaller phone. It has the best camera.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 22:30

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Snohomish, WA USA
Group:
Registered Users
I have Motorola's best phone on the market, the Droid Razor HD Max. Awesome phone and the battery last into the 3rd day with normal use. It is a bit pricey though. With my 2 year upgrade, it still costed me $300.
I like it because I can use the GPS for flight and field navigation and still have battery life at the end of the day.
Its a great phone.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 22:32
Forge CP Pistons/ Eagle Rods
Eaton M62 SC 10 lbs. Boost / 150hp Progressive Nitrous
GM 2 Speed Poweglide/Transbrake 3500 Stall
Ford 8.8 Posi/4.11

Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
It comes down to personal opinion and what you want to do really...

Just to look at two smart phones (iphone vs samsung galaxy)

Iphone side of things is good in the sense of that alot of applications are wrote for mac OS.

But on the other side of things looking to android software in my opinion it is alot more user friendly i had a iphone 3g and then a 4 and got rid of them for my samsung galaxy S3 4g

The best thing about the samsung is just the ease to do things, plug it straight into the computer drag and drop, music, pictures create files and everything with ease unlike the iphone where it is a corporate measure that they make you use everything apple, so you have to register the phone to itunes and use itunes for everything

The Galaxy just gives you the freedom to do what you want and customize it in any way you wish not stuck to just what apple wants you to follow

End of the day though all smart phones make calls, text and view the web... and really that is all you want from the phone... But value for money, processing power and ease of use i'd say go check out the 4g samsung galaxy s3 or have a look into the android range..

HTC, Motorola, samsung ect. there is alot to choose from i work in computer networking and have done tech support i generally found that i had less people with issues with android phones as they are easy to fix...compared to that of iphone that must be fixed and looked at by only apple...!

Posted on: 2013/1/24 22:37

Group:
Registered Users
ive had 2 blackberry's now and both have been awful an absolute crock and i would not recommend that phone to anyone. As well as that i would don't recommend crazy johns (vodafone) in the same respect, their services in all respects are terrible imho.

I just upgraded to an iphone 4s and honestly the user friendly side of things is excellent, but being locked in with itunes as Unfam said, SUCKS. However, in saying that the phone can pretty much be entirely operated from the device without needing to plug it into the computer. I chose to buy the phone outright and go onto Kogan mobiles 12 month unlimited everything + 6 gb month data all for $300 for 12 months (dont i sound like salesman? dear god...). Reception is fantastic and super cheap.

Plenty of mates have the samsung galaxy s2 and 3's and they seem to have high words about them also.

One thing to keep in mind iphones dont seem to have overcome the tough screens yet, generally if theyre dropped in the right way the screens just shatter no worries. sounds silly but it seems to happen twice as much as an S3.

Anyway, GL!

Posted on: 2013/1/24 22:38
SECURITY ASSESSMENT SERVICES AND ASSOCIATES http://www.sasaa.com.au
Auto Surplus - http://www.autosurplus.com.au
Mention you found them through here...

From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
G'day Adam,

Sony Xperia S

I work in a fabrication shop as well as do a lot of office work. I have dropped it, wet it had it bouncing around in the back of my tray and it is still going. Very impressed with the screen and image quality. Nice and square so less homo than those curvy things that look like a suppository.

I did have one problem with the mic crackling a bit but I removed the small foam cover over the mic and it was back to working.

It is well priced and it is sony's flagship phone (no longer sony ericsson). I reccomend it but for those who are not familiar with the touch screen phones perhaps Galaxy S2 is a better start.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 22:59

From MOOROODUC. Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
I have a work provided Blackberry torch (it's like the betamax or for those even older techo's the OS2 of the phone world)- i like and hate it

I like that work pays for it but I hate that it is not as sexy as the new stuff on the market

If it were my choice I would go for the new Samsung Galaxy

Posted on: 2013/1/25 0:11
Green Sedan #2 (Current build: DEMAC's 1200 Sedan)
Brown 4 door AUTO Sedan for sale...

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.