Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 34 »

Re: L18_B110's 120Y 2dr sedan - street/track project
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From gold coast QLD.
Group:
Registered Users
The thing goes alright out there Harry,it,s a lot smoother now to what i remember,everyones tyre choices are more cost effective it seems now,to be in the game one had to use new semi slicks,yokis,toyos etc to be in the money

Posted on: 2015/7/22 5:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
hey chappie i like those rims.What make? Are they the same as the Aero race rims that are sold in USA? How do they compare weight and price wise? Oh are they sold local [AU]Sorry about all the ques. just comparing yours to Nick Mitty [nz datsun club] cos they look the same [more or less]just missing pin stripe. Just checked Summit sell the Aero 15x7 ;15x8 ;15x10 approx 18lbs from $59 US to almost $100

Posted on: 2015/7/22 6:32

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
they're cheap and nasty compared to the Aero USA brand. Not sure what brand they are, and yes available locally in Aus - you'll find them on ebay and gumtree. Price is $69ea but varies wildly depending on seller. No idea on their weight - it's not terribly important to me.

Posted on: 2015/7/22 7:04

Guest_
Sounds like my kind of racing Harry, want to go faster by putting driver on a weight loss program before car

Posted on: 2015/7/22 8:14

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
yeah bert, the 120Y went pretty well out there. I did an autocross there 4yrs ago in the 180SX on normal street tyres as well and won the class, so you don't need sticky tyres to compete if you can use the oversteer to increase corner speed, but since I have the Achillies lying around I'd like to see how far up the results the Datto can go on the same kind of tyres the regulars use.

There's still plenty of people on proper semi slicks as well, but the Achillies seem to suit the place pretty much as well as proper semis for a fraction of the cost - a lot closer than they'd be on a normal racetrack anyway.

On that note, I'll try the Achillies back to back with the A050s at Lakeside just to see how they compare.

Posted on: 2015/7/22 23:58

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Dropped the 120Y back off to Nev for a 3" exhaust and dump pipe, with a better merge of the wastegate pipe intot he system as well - the current one joins at right angles. Can't be ideal. The exhaust is being recycled from one of his 240Zs, so it won't cost much. Might help it come on boost a bit sooner out of the slow corners at Mt Cotton. It's not bad now, but every little bit helps for the drag race up the steep hills there.

Also found a 4.11 Corolla Borg Warner diff. I want a 4.3 but they're a bit hard to find these days, so I'll probably grab the 4.11 next weekend. This should help give it a bit more punch out of the slow turns too.
It's also about 80m wider overall, and extra track wouldn't hurt. Rear track is currently narrower than the front. But the extra width would mean I'll need flares to run the same wheels...

Posted on: 2015/7/27 1:10

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
flares? YES!

Posted on: 2015/7/27 4:57

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Brick Hammer & 'Massaging'. Can't take some metal off the inside of the wheels? Had a few mags you could easily take 30 mm at least without compromising the hub strength. I saw a Toyota B/Warner diff housing on EBay, no mention of ratio & I think it's in Vic.
While it's there, you can't get a spark plug fitted to the exhaust for the flame thrower action, & to start the Barbeque at lunchtime.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 11:02
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Brick Hammer & 'Massaging'. Can't take some metal off the inside of the wheels? Had a few mags you could easily take 30 mm at least without compromising the hub strength. Saw a Toyota B/Warner diff housing on EBay, no mention of ratio & I think it's in Vic. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Ke3 ... n_15&hash=item4d35a76733.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 11:12
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

From Gold Coast
Group:
Registered Users
This the one for sale at the moment?

Posted on: 2015/7/27 11:55

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 34 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.