Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: car colour
Not too shy to talk
From Spokane, Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Dimlight65!!!

Checked out your website. Very cool my friend!

I'm quite jealous.

How's the Nissan Patrol project going?

Keep us posted!!

Greg

Posted on: 2002/7/16 18:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Arlington, TX, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I can attest to all of these traits. And that is one lovely yellow on there.

Quote:

dimlight65 wrote:
No one keeps up with the Chickenhawk! It's chief weapon is speed. Speed and intimidation... It's two weapons are speed and intimidation. And ruthless diregard for driver comfort... Amongst it's weaponry are such diverse aspects as speed, intimidation, disregard for driver comfort and really bitchin' flares. Damn, oh well, you get the point.

Posted on: 2002/7/16 20:19

From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Greg, the Patrol project is on a back burner until at least three other projects are "finished." I use the quotes because they are never truly finished.
First up is the conversion of Gil into Mini-Pearl. You see, my mom has a pearl white Maxima as her daily driver. I promised her a 1200 with an automatic and one day decided I'd try to match the color of her car, "Pearl" hence the name "Mini-Pearl."
After that will be the turbo car, George. (I have a habit of naming cars after the people I buy them from. And no, I didn't get the Chickenhawk from a pedophile. That car's name has another story.) The engine is at the machine shop and when its back, I'll finish that one.
Third is the V6 in the Chickenhawk.
After those are done, I'll get busy on the Patrol. Trust me, I'm having a hard enough time staying focused on one project at a time. I have tensandtwenties to thank for slapping me back in line when the need arises.
Then again, I really need a tow vehicle. John, can I work on my Matador on occasion?

Posted on: 2002/7/16 21:03

From Arlington, TX, USA
Group:
Registered Users
No!!

Quote:

dimlight65 wrote:
I have tensandtwenties to thank for slapping me back in line when the need arises.
Then again, I really need a tow vehicle. John, can I work on my Matador on occasion?

Posted on: 2002/7/16 21:21

Not too shy to talk
From Spokane, Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Tim!

First off, let me say that you are one hell of a writer!! Very smooth adding the Monty Python skit into the whole thing.

Second off, (second off? Is that even a way to start off a sentence?) Please, please, please tell me that you don't have a Matador!!

I remember years ago a guy who wrote for Auto Week was talking about a car that some Saudi prince had custom built for him and he said, "it was tragically reminiscent of the 1972 AMC Matador...."

Anyway, if you get a chance, let us in on how the Chickenhawk got it's name. I'm sure other's have heard it before, but hey!! I'm new and I want to hear it!

Greg

Posted on: 2002/7/17 3:19

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
A Matador? You're kidding, right? ... that is like the very opposite of a 1200. I had a '74 Ambassador and I actually kinda liked it (as far as big full-size cars go).

Anyways, when you finish Mini-Pearl, go ahead and leave the price tag on.

Posted on: 2002/7/17 4:38

From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I wondered if the Spanish Inquisition reference was too obscure. Thanks for noticing.
Yes, I am about to buy a 1972 Matador station wagon to use as a mobile shop/tow vehicle. The price is good and the thing is just wierd enough that I think it is cool. I'll have pictures of it up on my website soon. Don't worry, the only way it will show up on this site is if it is in a Dimlight Racing family photo with all of my Datsuns.
There are a few stories about the name Chickenhawk. First off is the Warner Brothers reference that guacomobile caught right away. When I put the NAPS-Z engine in, we figured that the car had that same "little bully" attitude that Henry Hawk had in the cartoon when trying to eat Foghorn Leghorn.
Then there is the fact that the tires on the car at the time were Firestone Firehawks. They were so old and hard that we called them chickenhawks though. The windshield banner is supposed to be similar to the Firestone font.
I drove the thing for several weeks before I found out that, to the police, a chickenhawk is a child molester. That was a fun one to explain when getting pulled over. It went something like this.
Cop:"So, are you a chickenhawk?"
Me:"No, my car is THE Chikenhawk."
Cop:"What do you mean?"
Me:"Remember the cartoon?"
And so on.

Posted on: 2002/7/17 14:03

From Arlington, TX, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Trust me. The wagon will be bitchin'! It's Navy blue with the fake wood on the side!

Posted on: 2002/7/17 14:42

Not too shy to talk
From Spokane, Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Aye Carumba!!

I did not know that police slang for a pedophile was a chickenhawk......Scary. Very, very scary. Chances are you made some sort of list and they now monitor your e-mails and phone calls, but hey, that's not so bad.....

Thanks for the origin of the Chickenhawk!!

Greg

Posted on: 2002/7/17 16:43

From Arlington, TX, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the link! There are some pretty cool pics on there!

Quote:

ddgonzal wrote:
A Matador? You're kidding, right?

Posted on: 2002/7/17 17:28

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.