Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Equally Sized Valves
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Hey not sure on your rules over there but if you have none then just go berserk like the early 70s when some clever south african peeps built cars that would have destroyed any factory brand racer from any part of the world. Im sure there are plenty of crafty engineers there if you just look a the Ford Perana windsor v8 and Chevrolet Firenza v8. Just recently destroyed Porsche's best in classic tarmac events.
Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2013/6/18 14:18

Edited by D on 2013/6/18 14:35:04
Edited by D on 2013/6/18 15:37:41

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
D i am quite amazed at your knowledge of SA m/sport and legends.you are correct and let me tell you there's lots more made here eg. ranger car,dart flamingo,part of the noble is made[body] in port elizabeth,merc light weight seats in cape etc. I think there is a Capri perana for sale now and there's still a can am drag racing[maroon].oh yes i forgot the ADE truck engine.hey sanctions were'nt so bad-- at least better than now. they just want to import and our mickey mouse rand --well we got probs

Posted on: 2013/6/18 18:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
From South Africa
Group:
Registered Users
Just discussed the subject with my father and he just laughed...
He reminded of a little experiment we did nearly 2 decades ago when he started teaching me about engines - I was 6 or 7 years old, and I asked this very same question. My father took 5 liter plastic bottle that he modified with a lighter's ignition, a fuel line and tap, and glued the cap on. He squirted lighter gas in through the line and closed the tap, after which he ignited it. When evrything settled, I noticed the bottle had pulled into itself having less air inside it.

And so I never asked again. . .until now.

Posted on: 2013/6/19 9:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
For anything wild, Africa rules!
I actually would love to own a Perana, I used love my Dads capri v6 but always loved the Windsor engine in my Uncles XA GT. An alloy Dart 427 Perana or LS engined Firenza wouldnt hurt anyones toy collection :) but at the prices they fetch Id settle for a datsun 1000 coupe with suzuki hayabusa :))

Posted on: 2013/6/19 16:06

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]